WORLD SERIES 2004

Big Africa

Who will win the 2004 World Series?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, since the Yankees have pretty much defeated my poor Twins, and EVERYONE knows they will beat Boston, that puts them in the Series. They could lose to St. Louis or even Houston, but I have to pick the yankees now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I wouldn't say the Yankees have beaten the Twins yet. The Twins are starting Santana for game 4, aren't they? That should be chalked up as a Twins victory if they do, and then anything could happen in the game 5.

I say the Red Sox. The have the best pitching, and they have the best hitting of the remaining teams. Plus, any team that beats them has to beat Schilling and Pedro twice. Although Pedro struggled late in the season, doesn't mean he'll stuggle in the playoffs has he looked good in his first start. The Red Sox have also won their last 9 or 10 games that Arroyo has started.

IUe6Hvh.png

First of all, you shouldn't have included the Dodgers either seeing as how they're history. But, I'm going for the Red Sox, just because they crushed my Angels, and the story of the kid being hit in the face with a foul ball was too eerie to ignore.

VmWIn6B.png

I think you're right, Tank. Nobody left in the NL scares me the way the Cards do. They're the Sox with slightly worse pitching.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The Sox don't scare me, they weren't able to beat the Yankees when they needed to. Sure they won the season series by 1 game but the games they won were meaning less. They beat the Yankees early in the year, when it came for their next series the Yankees had gained 10 games on them. The Red Sox needed to win that series instead the Yankees swept them and opened that 10 game lead. The next series they needed a sweep and they lost that first game with Schilling on the mound. After that the Red Sox went on a tear and were in striking distance for that series in september. They won the first game but got blown out in the next 2 games, one with Pedro on the mound. That ended the race, the next week the Yanks won the first game against pedro that sealed the deal.

Pedro hasn't beaten the Yankees in a big spot in his career. The Yankees have that feeling that they can beat Pedro, make him work and get to him late. Pedro is not Pedro anymore. The Yanks will beat the Twins, and will beat the Red Sox in 6 or 7 games and go on to beat the Cardinals. The Cards pitching doesn't scare me.

the cardinals will win the world series. why because god came down to earth and told me that the cardinals will win. and they will do it by beating the boston red sox in a heart breaker in the 9th inning of the 7th game when the sox blow a 1 run lead on a error that leads to a cardinals 1 run win.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Archived