Celtics Alternate

EagleFan344

let's just put this rumor to rest, the Celtics aren't gonna get an alt. Selling black merch doesn't mean you're gonna see black alts anytime soon...the Bucks have a lot of black in some of their warmups and some shirts but they won't be donning the color anytime soon. hell, i've seen purple & black Bucks jackets in foot locker. don't mean a thing.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
let's just put this rumor to rest, the Celtics aren't gonna get an alt. Selling black merch doesn't mean you're gonna see black alts anytime soon...the Bucks have a lot of black in some of their warmups and some shirts but they won't be donning the color anytime soon. hell, i've seen purple & black Bucks jackets in foot locker. don't mean a thing.

You may not want one, but that doesn't mean they're not gonna get one...

I think PANTONE is trying to say the Celts will have a black alternate...

Maybe?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

i really don't want them to add a black alternate... same with the red wings. they are very similar teams, in my eyes... adding a black jersey just wouldn't seem right....

however, if the celtics decided to go really insane with an alternate jersey, and used dallas stars colors of green, gold, white, and black.... that would be quite stylish, if not against the rules of existence of we all know them :)

Maybe?

It's not Black...

What I will say (and I'm risking a little bit here), is that the document I have (official - from the NBA Logo site itself), lists the Celtics as having an alternate for 2004-2005. And, this logo site has started putting uniform images (raster, not vector) on there as well. However, they've only put two teams up so far: the Celtics and the Trail Blazers. The Celtics page DID have the alternate up there for a while (I did save it), but then took it down a couple of days later. The alt is still listed on the document, but the pic's down.

I don't know if this means it's only down because they didn't want to show it too early, or if something's changed at NBA Properties.

If I hear anything else, I will pass it on (if I can!).

Maybe?

It's not Black...

What I will say (and I'm risking a little bit here), is that the document I have (official - from the NBA Logo site itself), lists the Celtics as having an alternate for 2004-2005. And, this logo site has started putting uniform images (raster, not vector) on there as well. However, they've only put two teams up so far: the Celtics and the Trail Blazers. The Celtics page DID have the alternate up there for a while (I did save it), but then took it down a couple of days later. The alt is still listed on the document, but the pic's down.

I don't know if this means it's only down because they didn't want to show it too early, or if something's changed at NBA Properties.

YOUR KILLING ME! not black? what color will it be!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Maybe?

It's not Black...

Are the TrailBlazers getting a new alt or something? Or is it just the one from last yr?

Maybe?

It's not Black...

YOUR KILLING ME! not black? what color will it be!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Get ready for gold, kids... :puke:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Maybe?

It's not Black...

it's grey.

Here's some wild guesses to add fuel to the fire:

The alternate is kids friendly, ala the early Mighty Wing jersey of the Mighty Ducks, with the traditional Celtics leprechaun replaced by Lucky from Lucky Charms. The jersey is red, with pink hearts and yellow moons on the shoulder piping.

OR

The alternate could be navy blue with gold lettering/numbers, kinda the reverse of the Notre Dame pulling out the green jerseys for special bowl appearances.

OR

The alternates are actually in the colors and design of the clover leaf vest that the Leprechaun in their logo wears. Suprisingly, these are more popular than the Mavericks Hefty bag alternate look.

You may not want one, but that doesn't mean they're not gonna get one...

so...they're gettin one...and the primary color won't be black, gray or gold. very interesting.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i like it all right. i would have also like a two green scheme a la the bucks od the 80s. anyway, it looks as if they are pulling a duke, if that is any indication.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived