Grrrreat.....

wheateater

So yeah. The Twins blew it again. They tried their best, but did anyone really think they were gonna get by the $184-million Yanks? Now, we are once again about to be "treated" to the Red Sox and Yankees in the ALCS. Kinda bland, but some people like the so-called tension between these two clubs. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's a bigger rivalry in all of sports, but I, being a Jays fan, despise both of these teams because they have what my team doesn't: THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR. (I hate the Yankees more, by the way). That being said, we have no choice now but to watch what I'm sure will be a great series. SO....

My question to all of you is this: Will the Sawks actually be able to overcome Pedro's daddy, or will every non-Yankees fan be forced to cheer for the NL winner in the Fall Classic?

I tried being a Twins fan again, but it didn't work. Last year, I tried being a Red Sox fan, but then Aaron Boone came around. This year, there's no Aaron Boone, but will the Sox avoid the Curse this time around? I'm worried more than a little...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GO YANKEES!

Yankees in 7 only because Shill is good enough to win 3 games alone.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I hope Boston beat the crapball Yankees..I hate the Yankees...dont wanna see the Yankees in the World Series!!! BLAH!!!!!! The Yankees can go to hell for all I care... and it would be nice to see Boston finally get past the curse from last year....geez.. I was rooting for the Red Sox to advance last year..but that Boone guy ruined it for everything...so... gonna be a wild series I'm sure...

GO YANKEES!

Yankees in 7 only because Shill is good enough to win 3 games alone.

He may be, but one of those would be game 7

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I want to see the Sox win the AL this year... so they can either (1) win it all, thereby (i) shutting the mouths of all New Englanders who've bitched about the curse for the past few decades, and (ii) causing hundreds of people who've been hanging onto life, waiting for the Sox to finally win the big one, to drop dead simultaneously (just kidding), or, more likely, (2) somehow lose to the NL champs in a fashion that makes 1986 seem like child's play.

Either way, the Sox in the series is more entertaining than the Yankees.

nav-logo.png

Yes well, Only idiots belive that a baseball player..who's been dead for decades..decides who wins a game.

You don't think the Red Sox players have this inside their heads? You don't think Buckner was thinking about the curse before the ball rolled through his legs?

No matter what, if it comes down to a situation where a Red Sox player has a chance to beat the Yankees or win the World Series, he will be thinking about the curse and how he could 'end it' or how if he messes up, he blew it.

I don't believe in curses, but I do think this one is inside the Red Sox players' heads.

IUe6Hvh.png

i'm an astros fan, and 2 of my roommates are yankees fans, so for my sake I hope the Sox win, since if the Stros make the world series, we wont be bickering, and if it is sox-stros, they'll probably side with the stros

Yes well, Only idiots belive that a baseball player..who's been dead for decades..decides who wins a game.

You don't think the Red Sox players have this inside their heads? You don't think Buckner was thinking about the curse before the ball rolled through his legs?

No matter what, if it comes down to a situation where a Red Sox player has a chance to beat the Yankees or win the World Series, he will be thinking about the curse and how he could 'end it' or how if he messes up, he blew it.

I don't believe in curses, but I do think this one is inside the Red Sox players' heads.

They don't. Read their quotes. Listen to the guys.

Any so-called curse is a fabrication of the media (one Boston writer specifically) in an effort to cover for past ownership/field management incompetence.

There is no curse. Never was.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

They don't. Read their quotes. Listen to the guys.

Any so-called curse is a fabrication of the media (one Boston writer specifically) in an effort to cover for past ownership/field management incompetence.

There is no curse. Never was.

So really think a Red Sox player is going to come out and say "Yeah, I'm worried about the curse, blah blah blah".

Not even Pedro would say such a thing and he even said the Yankees were his 'daddy'. I guarentee you they'll have it in the back of their mind when they get a chance to do win the World Series or beat the Yankees.

Granted, I do think the Red Sox will win it. This is what Schilling was brought in for.

IUe6Hvh.png

If they were really worried about the curse who would joing The Red Sox? Nobody, well nobody who wants to win atleast. There is no curse, the curse is in the mind. That's why I ask everybody not to think about the curse, ever never speak of it either. Whenever they talk about it on TV mute it or change the channel. I am sick of you Yankee fans holding up "1918" signs and have Babe Ruth's picture everywhere. That just shows you are scared of losing. also nicely said Cyclops Joe.

Of corse the curse was a fabrication, and there really isn't the curse. However the idea of the curse has become mainstream. The players don't think there really is a curse but it still is a mental thing. Because it has become mainstream they are constantly asked about it, so when they are close to winning they start thinking that they broke the "curse" and how they won't be asked about it and how they ill become baseball heros. They start to lose focus and that is when the bad stuff happens.

Archived