Grrrreat.....

wheateater

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow...Can I exhale yet?

This is gonna be a crazy series...

Go Yanks!

You said it. Shows exactly how dangerous both line ups can be. They can both get things going in the blink of an eye as we saw with the Yankees in the first 3 innings and the Red Sox in the 7th and 8th.

After Johnny Damon struck out his last time -- I had the feeling that if it gets back around to him with a chance to make a play, he was gonna do it. Unfortunately he never got that chance. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

If the SOx won this game I dont think they would have lost a game in the series now it gets intersting because if teh Yanks hammer Pedro tommorow the Sox could be in an emotional hole.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah, but I don't think they will. I think Pedro will get more run support than the Sox pitchers did early and I think they've finally learned, don't let Pedro go over 100 pitches.

But 2-0 would definetely put the Sox in a hole, as you said.

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't hate the Yankees out of jealousy. I hate them because they are fortunate enough to play in the largest media outlet in the country, and because they haven't had to worry about investing money in a new ballpark, seeing as how they're waiting for the city to pay for a ballpark that Steinbrunner can clearly afford. Most teams try to bring in talent through their farm system, yet the Yankees just seem to throw money everywhere. They lose the World Series last year, so instead of trying to build on that feat through chemistry, Steinbrunner reaches in his pocket and gets ARod and Sheffield. I mean, what really makes me sick is that the Yankees only play with the "built to win this year" mentality. Other teams are forced to reduce payroll in order to make ends meet, yet the Yankees just keep what they had and keep adding and adding to their roster. Then, with the report that the Yankees could have afforded BOTH all-star rosters, it just makes me cringe. Sure, they won't win every year (the lack of real chemistry will do that), but the fact that they haven't missed the playoffs in God knows how long just makes it unfair to AL teams, especially the others in the east like Toronto, Baltimore, and Tampa. And, I absolutely hate any team that refers to themselves as "America's Team." When MLB has 29 teams based in America, and the NFL has 32 in America, I don't know what gives the Yankees and the Cowboys the right to slap that title to themselves. That being said, I really hope the Yankees get a reality check that money doesn't buy championships, because I kinda admired the chemistry of the first run in the 90s, yet now they're just a thorn in my side.

26%20RINGS%20sticker.jpg

VmWIn6B.png

I don't hate the Yankees out of jealousy. I hate them because they are fortunate enough to play in the largest media outlet in the country, and because they haven't had to worry about investing money in a new ballpark, seeing as how they're waiting for the city to pay for a ballpark that Steinbrunner can clearly afford. Most teams try to bring in talent through their farm system, yet the Yankees just seem to throw money everywhere. They lose the World Series last year, so instead of trying to build on that feat through chemistry, Steinbrunner reaches in his pocket and gets ARod and Sheffield. I mean, what really makes me sick is that the Yankees only play with the "built to win this year" mentality. Other teams are forced to reduce payroll in order to make ends meet, yet the Yankees just keep what they had and keep adding and adding to their roster. Then, with the report that the Yankees could have afforded BOTH all-star rosters, it just makes me cringe. Sure, they won't win every year (the lack of real chemistry will do that), but the fact that they haven't missed the playoffs in God knows how long just makes it unfair to AL teams, especially the others in the east like Toronto, Baltimore, and Tampa. And, I absolutely hate any team that refers to themselves as "America's Team." When MLB has 29 teams based in America, and the NFL has 32 in America, I don't know what gives the Yankees and the Cowboys the right to slap that title to themselves. That being said, I really hope the Yankees get a reality check that money doesn't buy championships, because I kinda admired the chemistry of the first run in the 90s, yet now they're just a thorn in my side.

Excellent post. My sentiments exactly. Nevertheless...

I'll come right out and say, yes, I am partially jealous of the Yankees. I wish the Jays could afford to blow close to $200 million on one roster in one year. I wish the Jays were able to keep Carlos Delgado this winter, but the reality is that the Jays, like 90% of the other teams in baseball, can't simply give him whatever he wants and still go out and grab whoever anyone else can't afford. It sickens me the way every network out there (especially FOX) blatantly cheers for the Yanks and rubs it in the Red Sox faces because they continue to lose EVERY DAMN TIME. I'm not feeling sorry for Boston, because they keep up with the Yanks in the salary department, but the Yanks and their fans are so cocky, it makes me want to throw up.

And I still can't figure out how the Yankees winning every year could possibly be good for baseball...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

The worst part about a Boston/New York series is that it's going to overshadow what is sure to be an outstanding NLCS matchup between two of the hottest teams in the league, Houston and St. Louis.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

If you consider staying within $75 million of the Yankees "keeping up", then I guess you can say the Red Sox are doing that.

You're absolutely right about the Fox-NYY bias. I almost threw up when I heard McCarver wax poetic about Derek Jeter's "calm eyes". Oh, just fluff him already and end it! :puke:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

There was a double standard and bias against the Yankees last night. Fox last night kept calling them the evil empire (I know that is what the red sox president called them, but he works for the rival, FOX is supposed to be unbiased), and MLB has the double standard because they allowed FOx to do that opening but won't allow the Yankees to sell shirts that say "Hey Red Sox.... Who's your daddy?", because it upsets some Red Sox fans.

As for the New Yankee stadium that someone brought up, the Yankees would be paying for that with their own money. The only thing they asked the city for was improvements to the area, AKA, fixing the roads and improving mass transit to there. Something that the City already is responsible for. Also, the Yankees don't refer to themselves as America's team, the Braves are the ones that called themselves America's team.

People complaining about PBP bias need to take a step back and re-think what they're actually complaining about - a guy with a microphone announcing a game, dear god.

Unless the PBP guy is on the field smackin around your player, who the hell cares who they are cheering for? You don't like it..? press mute! turn on the radio, and enjoy your local biased radio announcer, I bet you won't complain about his bias.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

People complaining about PBP bias need to take a step back and re-think what they're actually complaining about - a guy with a microphone announcing a game, dear god.

Unless the PBP guy is on the field smackin around your player, who the hell cares who they are cheering for? You don't like it..? press mute! turn on the radio, and enjoy your local biased radio announcer, I bet you won't complain about his bias.

amen. Couldn't have said it better myself. Play by play is of no importance to the game, who cares if there's a bias? I don't see how it's possible to watch a sports game without SOME bias. And it'll show, on occassion. Oh well.

IUe6Hvh.png

As for the New Yankee stadium that someone brought up, the Yankees would be paying for that with their own money. The only thing they asked the city for was improvements to the area, AKA, fixing the roads and improving mass transit to there. Something that the City already is responsible for. Also, the Yankees don't refer to themselves as America's team, the Braves are the ones that called themselves America's team.

Yeah, that's true about the staduim. I was refering to the Guiliani proposal, and the lack of action. And, while the Yankees do not refer to themselves as America's team, the media slapped that tag on them, and they kinda ran with it. Kinda explains why I hate the Braves too.

VmWIn6B.png

If you consider staying within $75 million of the Yankees "keeping up", then I guess you can say the Red Sox are doing that.

I do, since no other AL team does it...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived