chargers looked wicked in powder blues

IceCap

the chargers beat the jags wearing their powder blues. this is the first time they have won in them since '94. to see photos of the greates uni in sports, chesck this out:

http://www.chargers.com/photo_gallery/2004/Week_5/index.cfm

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  this is the first time they have won in them since '94

No - They have worn them once 3 years running. Before that, they wore them once or twice after 94.

And they are kick ass unis! My all-time favorite however are the Lions throwbacks.

Read that again. He said won not worn. ^_^

they are so beautiful.  I haven't seen the highlights... but did they change the helmet at midfield to match the white helmets again?  Or do they even still use a helmet at midfield?

Here is a picture of midfield from the San Diego Chargers vs. New York Jets game on September 19, 2004.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

The jerseys are gorgeous no doubt, but if they were to return to them full time don't you think they would have to modernize the helmet? I think it just looks outdated, even compared to the jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

they are so beautiful. I haven't seen the highlights... but did they change the helmet at midfield to match the white helmets again? Or do they even still use a helmet at midfield?

Here is a picture of midfield from the San Diego Chargers vs. New York Jets game on September 19, 2004.

i think the midfied desighn was the same, except the "SD" and the lightning bolt was outlined in powder blue, not navy.

i think the midfied desighn was the same, except the "SD" and the lightning bolt was outlined in powder blue, not navy.

I think you are right. Although not pictures of midfield, these show there was definitely powder blue on the field:

r1595349767.jpg011.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I think you are right. Although not pictures of midfield, these show there was definitely powder blue on the field:

Yeah, I was just wondering because I remember that they had changed the helmet to match the white ones (when they had the helmet at midfield) and I thought that was really neat. It's pretty cool that they do change the blue on the field to powder blue.

IUe6Hvh.png

The powder blues are absolutely fantastic, no question about it. But I always preferred the gold pants with the powder blue jerseys.

i would bring back the powder blues as shown here full time as the home uni. i would only use the yellow pants for road games with the white jerseys.

The jerseys are gorgeous no doubt, but if they were to return to them full time don't you think they would have to modernize the helmet? I think it just looks outdated, even compared to the jerseys.

I love those helmets. The numbers on the sides is such a great classy touch. I always have liked that about the old chargers uni. It's one of the best parts.

These are the best uniforms other than the Giants, and i'm probrally saying that because i'm a giants fan and i love those freaking uni's. Otherwise, these are tops.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived