chargers looked wicked in powder blues

IceCap

Let me add my name to those who think these are the BEST uni's ever. Being old enough to remember when they originally wore these, and in fact seeing them worn in the very first pro football game I ever attended, I can only say it would be a fantasy come true to see them return to wearing them FULLTIME.

metslogo_215.gif

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know exctly what that fascination is with those uniforms. Do they look nice? Yes. However, I love their current colour set, logo and uniforms. There are two changes I can tolerate, have a horse as part of their main logo and bring back to the white helmet with the number.

I saw, I came, I left.

Could it be that our love affair with these uni's stems from the fact that they hardly ever wear them? I get the feeling that if they wore them every game every year, we'd all just take them for granted. I like having rare, special things like this.

once a season is all i want to see of these.

well, as a chargers fan, i can say that most of us (a vast majority) want a return to the powder blue unis. the only reason they wont is because of ownership. the current ownership intrduced the navy unis (blandist unis ever) and as long as they are in control of the franchise, they want it to bear their mark. its managment vs fans. imo the owners are acting like idiots. if the switch to powder blue is made, merch sales among chargers fans alone would sky rocket (and it WONT be because of a change in the uni. most chargers fans have a powder blue jerseye). also, they would increase the sales in the department of non-chargers fans. ive talked to enough people who have said they would buy a chargers hat or shirt if it were powder blue and yellow just because the colours rock. however powder blue hats and shirts are extremely rair. the result is that the potentioal buyer dosnt purchase the product because the managment wont use the colour combo the consumer likes. thats just stupid.

Since there its a majority for the powder blue, yet with a small group wanting to keep the navy, I reintroduce the concept I did about a month ago.

Chargers.gif

Comments strongly encouraged. :D

sir you will be hearing from my lawyer about this unauthorized use of the GMac football striping pattern... again....lol

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Where's the puke smile. These have to be one of the worst unis of all time. All the colors are light so the blend together, and the number on the hekmet is just awful. Their current ones are far better, however I like the Fouts ones the best.

Navy blue is by far the best shade of blue, while powder blue is by far the worst for a sports unis. These should go with all the other awful unis form the 60's and 70's went and are to never be seen again.

Where's the puke smile. These have to be one of the worst unis of all time. All the colors are light so the blend together, and the number on the hekmet is just awful. Their current ones are far better, however I like the Fouts ones the best.

Navy blue is by far the best shade of blue, while powder blue is by far the worst for a sports unis. These should go with all the other awful unis form the 60's and 70's went and are to never be seen again.

well around 99.99999% of chargers fans (myself included) think otherwise, so there :P

Not even the best Chargers uniforms ever. OVER...RATED!

They are a nice alternate once a year, nothing more.

Much better:

those are better then the currents, but fall short compared to the powder blues, imo.

These have to be one of the worst unis of all time. All the colors are light so the blend together, and the number on the hekmet is just awful. Their current ones are far better

AMEN! PREACH ON, MY BROTHER!

(ahem)

I agree. Fully. Completely. Those are AWFUL.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Well, according to the majority of football fans, and more importantly, Charger fans, the powder (or collegiate) blue uniforms are by far the most beloved uniforms not in regular use.

The people who want the bland, carbon-copy Navy blue uniform, that seems to follow that 90's creed of "Darker means meaner", seem to be elitest. They don't want color in sports. They want teams to have dark uniforms, because it's more metropolitan, or more "in fashion". The fact of the matter is navy blue is played out. It has run it's course. The current Chargers uniforms are so very bland, and lifeless, it seems to match their history since wearing them.

The Fouts-era jerseys were better, with the dark royal blue, and the bright yellow gold, those uniforms popped. However, no uniform has the look, the class, the following that the Chargers powder blue uniforms have. It is nation-wide. Fans who never even watch the Chargers on a regular basis cry for the uniforms to return.

The outcry is decisive. The owners can hear it because they have trotted out the uniform for the last three year, although for the last two there was no anniversary or commemeration to recognize. They know it's popular, they know their current uniforms are sub-par. But due to ego, Spanos will not allow the Charger uniforms most beloved by the people to return.

It's a shame.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Well, according to the majority of football fans, and more importantly, Charger fans, the powder (or collegiate) blue uniforms are by far the most beloved uniforms not in regular use.

The people who want the bland, carbon-copy Navy blue uniform, that seems to follow that 90's creed of "Darker means meaner", seem to be elitest. They don't want color in sports. They want teams to have dark uniforms, because it's more metropolitan, or more "in fashion". The fact of the matter is navy blue is played out. It has run it's course. The current Chargers uniforms are so very bland, and lifeless, it seems to match their history since wearing them.

The Fouts-era jerseys were better, with the dark royal blue, and the bright yellow gold, those uniforms popped. However, no uniform has the look, the class, the following that the Chargers powder blue uniforms have. It is nation-wide. Fans who never even watch the Chargers on a regular basis cry for the uniforms to return.

The outcry is decisive. The owners can hear it because they have trotted out the uniform for the last three year, although for the last two there was no anniversary or commemeration to recognize. They know it's popular, they know their current uniforms are sub-par. But due to ego, Spanos will not allow the Charger uniforms most beloved by the people to return.

It's a shame.

AMEN!

Not even the best Chargers uniforms ever. OVER...RATED!

They are a nice alternate once a year, nothing more.

Much better:

fpfoutsd.jpg

I thought I was the only one who felt that way about the Air Coryell-era Chargers uniforms. With a little modernization, that would be a much more unique set than what they have now and would look a hell of a lot better than the powder blues...

QPR%20Sig.png

Meh, the royal has never done anything for me. Could be the mismatched white bolt on the pants.

The Collegiate blue uniforms are sharp, but because Spanos is desperately casting about for a legacy, he won't bring them back depite the overwhelming wishes of the fans. Shame on him.

Archived