I redesigned the Winnipeg Jets logo again

The_Admiral

jetssweater.JPG

I need better templates. Yeah. Anyway I thought some black and white would be a neat addition. Also, possibly white pants, I want to see a team do it, I guess.

Here's another concept I made from ripping of the 2004 All-Star Game for the Minnesota North Stars. I just changed their colors to forest green, a lighter gold, and cream, a la the Giants. I wanted an off-white home sweater somewhere, and replaced the Toronto numbers and names with one-tone simple block numbers and lettering.

nstarssweater.JPG

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

the caps wore white pants before.... they were so ridiculed that they didn't even finish a season with them, did they?

they were more laughed at than the cooperalls of the flyers and whalers :)

Looks alright, but definitely change the text for Winnipeg. And just to let you know, lots of people will kill you for this as they feel that the Jets logo is some sort of religion.

I agree. The Jets font is so dynamic, while the Winnipeg font is just too dead in comparison.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

No, that sucks, you ripped off the ASTROS' plopty color scheme. And I think Courier was a good font to use for modernizing the Jets crest. Whatever

excuse me courier jets, either way i've seen better concepts. As far as the recoloring of the Jets in Coyotes Colors, I have got nothing but good reviews so I could care less about what you think. As far as i'm concerned your's is the ones who suck. Come on use something other than the Arial Jets.

But why would there be a Southwestern theme for Winnipeg? I think that would be a cool shoulder pad in 2006 for the 10th anniversary of the departure, but not a main logo.

But why would there be a Southwestern theme for Winnipeg? I think that would be a cool shoulder pad in 2006 for the 10th anniversary of the departure, but not a main logo.

Although I think there should be some commemoration of the departure, it should be more along the lines of a moment of silence as opposed to a shoulder patch.

I won't go so far as to kill you (a la Steve-O's well-meaning suggestion), goodness knows I've done a Jets concept in my day, but I gotta tell ya TCR, I don't see this as an improvement. Good marks for trying different things, though.

-The addition of black is unnecessary at best (especially as a shadow, seeing as the red is supposed to represent a shadow in places as well... dual shadows?). Also, it's not consistent... the plane lacks the black shadow present almost everywhere else.

-Courier looks very out of place there, although I applaud you for trying a font not normally used in sports logos. The flow of the logo is very dynamic, and dynamic is one thing Courier is not.

-The lack of a full circle looks wrong. I know this is the way you intended it, but unfortunately how a logo is perceived is more important than how it is intended.

"Nothing but good reviews" lilg? Don't exaggerate too much... there's people here that remember that concept, and I remember at some point someone (who shall remain nameless) crying "Blasphemy!". :)

Anyway boys, cool your Jets. You both are improving as designers, there's no need to put down other people's works to make yourself look good.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I don't think the courier font works. Also, the jet and stick image could be a bit bigger overall with maybe some rounded edges? Other then that, it looks like it's coming along.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

"Nothing but good reviews" lilg? Don't exaggerate too much... there's people here that remember that concept, and I remember at some point someone (who shall remain nameless) crying "Blasphemy!". :)

If I remember correctly wasn't it you Syphi

Anyway boys, cool your Jets.

:lol: Jets! Get it? :lol:

Anyways, TCR, lilg, I think we can all agree that you're both ultra creative.

Those are easily the two best slight revisions that I've ever seen to a logo that nobody has any use for any more. Congratulations. In recognition of your breakthrough achievements, I award to you:

TCR - a tutorial on how to select an appropriate typeface

lilg - the Crayola 64 pack with built-in sharpener

TCR? Don't they make cash registers?

Archived