What is the single greatest sporting event......

the_cynic

October 1st 2004-Safeco Field. I was working at the game when Ichiro tied then broke the single season hits record. The cameras flashing, the crowd cheering, The fireworks going off, it was will always be very special in my heart. The Brightest moment in a very dark season, although that entire weekend was magical with the sellouts and Edgar Martinez saying good bye.

Well I was in Seattlle, but not at the game...

You've earned it

cookie.jpg

:)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, just thought of another great sports event that I got to attend. I was at the game where Mark McGwire hit his 500th career homer. It was against San Diego and Tony Gwynn was going for his 3,000th hit at the same time. Gwynn went on to get that hit in a subsequent game, but it didn't stop the Cardinal fans from giving him a standing O during his last at-bat of the game.

I skipped school just so I could go to the first game at Cinergy Field since they tore out the seats to make room for Great American Ball Park. I saw what I called a cleanner Cinergy Field. The place had grass, for the first time ever! Despite how bad the place was it was a beautiful.

Signature intentionally left blank

I think some people in thread has misunderstood the term "Single"

I understand what the term "single" means, thank you very much.

Remembering it was an essential element of the subject line however . . . . that's another story. I'm old and forgetful. :P

my greatest sporting event i was at was Aug 30-31 2000 when my team the Islanders won our league summer championship. it was the 2nd game of a best of 3 games. we were behind 0-2 but scored 3 goals (1 minute left in the 2nd period and 2 goals in the first 5 minutes of the 3rd period). we won the championship 2 games to 0.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

1/12/86

Bears blank Los Angeles Rams, 24-0, in NFC Championship game at Soldier Field and advance to Super Bowl XX, which they won, of course. Great game, and when the snow started falling at the end of the game everyone got the feeling that Papa Bear was crying tears of joy from Heaven.

CGP.gif

1987 ALCS Game 4

October 10th, two days past my 11th birthday.

You can find the boxscore on www.retrosheet.org . [Greatest website ever invented for baseball fans.]

Pat Sheridan, the hometown kid, homerd in the top of the 8th inning to give Detroit thier only win in the series.

What I remember most is all of Tiger Stadium littering the field with these bright orange signs the Detroit Free Press handed out before the game. The Umpires delayed the game a few minutes to get the field cleaned up.

I, fortunately, held on to my souveneir sign and I still display it to this day.

I was also at one of the first games at New Comisky (US Cellular Field) and saw a walk off win by the White Sox over the Jays. Evry ball game I attend tends to be a barnburner.

TIGERS!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

The Michigan-San Diego State football game in septmeber. 105,000+ people, quite and experience.

Been there done that. You're right.

Back in 1998, I drove (alone) from NYC to A2 to see my alma, Syracuse, play my chikhood favorite and the school I couldn't afford but nearly chose to matriculate in nevertheless; Michigan

Syacuse whomped UM just 2 games into the season after they won teh National Championship.

The crowd was an NCAA record at the time only to be broken a week later when Michigan State came to town.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Mine is January 16, 1995.

The official coming-out party for UConn women's basketball, as the Huskies claimed the No. 1 ranking for the first time with a 77-76 win over Tennessee.

The win catapulted UConn to a 35-0 season, its first national championship in a major sport, and also established what has become the most intense rivalry in women's college basketball.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

1987 ALCS Game 4

October 10th, two days past my 11th birthday.

You can find the boxscore on www.retrosheet.org . [Greatest website ever invented for baseball fans.]

Pat Sheridan, the hometown kid, homerd in the top of the 8th inning to give Detroit thier only win in the series.

What I remember most is all of Tiger Stadium littering the field with these bright orange signs the Detroit Free Press handed out before the game. The Umpires delayed the game a few minutes to get the field cleaned up.

I, fortunately, held on to my souveneir sign and I still display it to this day.

I was also at one of the first games at New Comisky (US Cellular Field) and saw a walk off win by the White Sox over the Jays. Evry ball game I attend tends to be a barnburner.

TIGERS!

I almost forgot! I was at the last game of the 1987 regular season, Tigers versus the Blue Jays. They were tied for first. I think Frank Tanana pitched a shutout. But either way the Tigers won their second AL East pennant in four years. Ahhhh, the mid 80's ....... when the Tigers were a really good team.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Four games:

Game 159 2003 Season, Mets v. Marlins. Marlins clinch NL Wild Card. Jeff Conine "Mr. Marlin" hits the go ahead homer.

Game 4 of the 2003 NLDS. Giants v. Marlins. The Conine to Pudge play at the plate. Dontrelle Willis goes 3 for 3 with an RBI triple.

Game 4 of the 2003 NLCS. Cubs v. Marlins. Last game Marlins lost to Cubs.

Game 5 of the 2003 World Series. Yankees v. Marlins. Marlins win game 5 and go up 3-2, D. Lee makes agruably the greatest pick in Marlins history to save the game in the 9th.

1997 | 2003

1994 NBA All-Star Game

2004 NHL All-Star Game

Last ever North Stars home game. :cry:

1989 NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship - Harvard beats Minnesota in OT

1991 NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship - Northern Michigan beats Boston University 8-7 in OT

2002 NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship - Minnesota beats Maine 4-3 in OT in St. Paul after being down a goal with less than a minute to play

2003 Stanley Cup Playoffs Game 6. Wild destroy the Canucks and I get on ESPN Sportscenter for holding up 'thought balloon' signs behind Canucks coach Marc Crawford.

wild.jpg

1989 Indianapolis 500 - Al Unser Jr. crashes fighting for the lead with Emerson Fittipaldi.

1991 Indianapolis 500 - Al Unser Jr. wins the closest 500 in history defeating Scott Goodyear and I was sitting at the start finish line in the 10th row.

1987 World Series Game 7 Twins defeat Cardinals for their first ever World Series.

1991 World Series Game 6 - Kirby Puckett homers in the 11th inning to force...

1991 World Series Game 7 - Jack Morris shuts out the Braves for 10 innings to win what has been called the Greatest World Series Ever.

Pick just one?

1991 World Series Game 7

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

thats one of those 'one in a million' pics. very cool. for those of us who are blind, what does it say?

"Identical twins really creep me out"

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived