J. Rice to Seahawks

TBGKon

I think it's a good trade. Can't see how it'll help either team other than to help mentor the Seahawks WR's who constantly drop passes. But with Jerry Rice being my favorite player of all time, I hated seeing him on the sidelines against the Broncos. I had to feel for him.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah it is official,as I've found a couple of news sources online reporting it.With Robinson facing a 4 game suspension and Bobby Engram hurt he could contribute right away.My only question is...what number would he wear??Number 80 is retired for Largent..is there an 88(college #) on the Seahawks?I think this will definitely help them if anything for his veteran leadership ability to teach the younger WR's.

98Falcons.png

Yeah it is official,as I've found a couple of news sources online reporting it.With Robinson facing a 4 game suspension and Bobby Engram hurt he could contribute right away.My only question is...what number would he wear??Number 80 is retired for Largent..is there an 88(college #) on the Seahawks?I think this will definitely help them if anything for his veteran leadership ability to teach the younger WR's.

And if I heard correctly -- they got him for a 7th round draft pick.

Oh, and Itula Mili wears #88

IUe6Hvh.png

Good trade for the Seahawks, just in terms of Rice's experience and leadership--and he'll help on the field--on one hand I am glad--as he went ot my favorite NFL team, but on the other, I was hoping he'd go to the Browns--to give Garcia some more receiving options...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Should the BC Lions put in a phone call for two years time?

I think Rice would rather play for the Detroit Lions. ^_^

Based on his being in San Francisco and Oakland, and possibly moving to Seattle, my thoughts were he was looking to stay on the West Coast.

Therefore, San Diego and BC are the only teams left.

Unless he goes all Jordan and suits up for the Portland Blazers in a different sport.

Next time I'll try to be more obviously flippant. :)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Based on his being in San Francisco and Oakland, and possibly moving to Seattle, my thoughts were he was looking to stay on the West Coast.

Therefore, San Diego and BC are the only teams left.

Unless he goes all Jordan and suits up for the Portland Blazers in a different sport.

Next time I'll try to be more obviously flippant. :)

I did understand it the first time.

I just saying that I don't think Rice would ever want to play in the CFL.

I saw, I came, I left.

Listening to the press conference it sounds like Rice will wear 80. Apparently Steve Largent contacted Rice and wants him to wear it.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

it'll send the Seahawks to Super Bowl XXXIX

If the Falcons, Vikings, and most importantly, the Eagles all lose their starters, come up with a case of influenza, and the reserves get ran over in a horrible 3 way bus accident resulting in the three teams having to play replacement players.... Then and only then the Seahawks will go to the Super Bowl. :P

But on a serious note, maybe Rice will go over there and teach them the importance of catching passes, because it's ridiculous how many passes the Seahawks drop

Rice unveiled his new jersey, No. 80, which is a cherished number in the hearts of Seahawks fans. Steve Largent wore No. 80, and it was retired in his honor. Rice said that Largent gave him the OK to bring the number out of retirement.

"I had a chance to talk to Steve, and it's an honor for me to wear the No. 80 out of respect to him," Rice said.

capt.watw10110192200.seahawks_rice_trade_watw101.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I think it's a class move by both players.

Let's be honest, Seattle isn't going to retire Rice with 80, and the number will always be Largent's in Seattle.

It was two legends coming to a classy compromise, and i'm glad to see it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Rice unveiled his new jersey, No. 80, which is a cherished number in the hearts of Seahawks fans. Steve Largent wore No. 80, and it was retired in his honor. Rice said that Largent gave him the OK to bring the number out of retirement.

"I had a chance to talk to Steve, and it's an honor for me to wear the No. 80 out of respect to him," Rice said.

capt.watw10110192200.seahawks_rice_trade_watw101.jpg

Which makes me think this is it for Jerry. Largent wouldn't let Rice wear #80 for more than a year I'd think. If it is Jerry's last hurrah, I got November the circled. The Seahawks come to "Da Monstah" in what would be Jerry's first regular season game in San Francisco and NOT be in crimson and gold.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived