Iron Crossover: Judgement poll XVI

IronChefShark

so who gets to go 1-on-1 with an Iron Crossover Chef?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i REALLY hate how the link to mine, since its photobucket, resize it and it looks choppy and horrible. so i figured id just post it here.

Actually AAO, that's not the case. Since it's directly linked to the image, your browser is sizing it to the window. All you have to do is click on the image or if it's IE, hold the cursor over the image then click to box in the bottom right hand corner of the image when it appears.

For me it was a tossup between Willmorris and Joshuamings.

Robbman, kudos on your third jersey, though. I thought that was pretty clever.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Wow, the 2 people who I thought had the truest crossovers had a total of 4 votes combined. Not saying the leaders aren't nice however they like the crossover of design elements of the football uniform into a basketball uniform.

Well see that's the problem I get with crossovers, and it's ultimately why I've never won or have ever been close to winning a crossover contest.

I don't know what people are expecting when they see a crossover.

My attempt on the Ravens was to emulate the striping and overall style of the actual NFL jerseys, and everyone obviously went for the creative stuff. The leading concept even has a different number font. (You know I love all your work AAO. I'm just saying...)

Maybe I should go against the grain next time.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone who voted for a concept because they like the artist who did it, instead of the concept on its own.

Not meant to start anything, I think the leading vote-getters right now are very deserving of their standings in the latest polls. I'm just wondering if the numbers would be different if everything were anonymous, or if the rules were more specific, like translating one team's uniform in one sport to another.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

My attempt on the Ravens was to emulate the striping and overall style of the actual NFL jerseys, and everyone obviously went for the creative stuff.

which is my complete philosophy in making crossovers. Its the only way I go when I do my crossovers because I believe that is how they should be done. Of course when I show them, a lot of people say "meh, I dont like it, you should have done this" because it wasnt done in some unorthodox way that they wanted to see. To that I say T.S. I stick to how it SHOULD look rather then how everyone else wants it to look.

but, I feel I have enough guidelines with this contest as is. While I personally prefer that number fonts be accurate pertaining to team being crossed over, I wont make it mandatory. The same with what WIB calls "equipment edits" (that is editing a sport specific logo to accurately reflect the sport youre crossing it over to i.e., making the hockey stick in the sharks logo a baseball bat). Equipment edits are strongly encouraged but are not mandatory.

My attempt on the Ravens was to emulate the striping and overall style of the actual NFL jerseys, and everyone obviously went for the creative stuff.

which is my complete philosophy in making crossovers. Its the only way I go when I do my crossovers because I believe that is how they should be done. Of course when I show them, a lot of people say "meh, I dont like it, you should have done this" because it wasnt done in some unorthodox way that they wanted to see. To that I say T.S. I stick to how it SHOULD look rather then how everyone else wants it to look.

but, I feel I have enough guidelines with this contest as is. While I personally prefer that number fonts be accurate pertaining to team being crossed over, I wont make it mandatory. The same with what WIB calls "equipment edits" (that is editing a sport specific logo to accurately reflect the sport youre crossing it over to i.e., making the hockey stick in the sharks logo a baseball bat). Equipment edits are strongly encouraged but are not mandatory.

What sort of a competition would that make for?

I missed the cut off, and did a creative version, because had I done a replica of the Ravens NFL look, how different would it be from Bradens for example.

Fair enough if it's a once off, "hey look, here's the Chicago Bears as a hockey shirt". But if there's going to be 15 entries, why would we want to see 15 entries all the same.

PS If you're interested, my version would have looked like this

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I'm not questioning the rules or anything to do with the contest, I'm just intrigued by the CCSLC's general vote.

I don't think the vote is personal, cause IMO there are still too many people who still live in the past and still don't try to start to respect Nick's efforts. The guy's in the thick of things in this vote. But I don't want to get into discussing that, it's just my opinion.

If I want to win an Iron Crossover, no matter what the preferred way of doing it, I gotta do concepts that are going to appeal to people enough to get their vote. It's that simple.

And if that requires doing something out-of-the-box instead of emulating their jerseys into another uniform... so be it.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

when i vote for these, I look for true crossovers, closest to the real deal. Thats what I think its about, not saying any of the creative ones arent awesome and fun to look at, but i vote for 'authenticity'

I totally look for the opposite. If everyone aimed to make it look JUST like the football uni's, then this entire contest would have entries that all look the same. I look for ones that translate the team into a more creative look. Anyone can just take the style from the football team.

I usually go for an authentic look, or one with a sport with different colors but same uniform style (I.E. my 49ers baseball with Giants uniforms). This one I tried a different approach, although it seems to have backfired. :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I think it depends on the team and especially the sport. Football and baseball uniforms are generally very tame in terms of striping (though there are certainly exceptions to that) compared to basketball and espeically hockey jerseys.

The only Crossover I've entered (and I was co-winner of it, with STL FANATIC), it was a hockey-to-basketball crossover, St. Louis Blues (a natural for me). The Blues' striping lent itself well to a basketball jersey, and thusly that's what was successful in this one.

This particular contest involves the Ravens, who have very little detailing on their jerseys. Thusly, it's more open to creativity. It still makes sense to use thier typesets for it, or else it wouldn't be much of a crossover; otherwise, the striping pattern is really up to the creator of the design for this one.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived