Super Bowl XL logo

CubsFanBudMan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- This city, judged the nation's fattest for the past three years, is starting to look thinner -- but only when it's measured against Detroit.

Houston is now the second-fattest city among 25 compared by Men's Fitness magazine in its February issue, due out this month.

The scales tipped Detroit's way because of a jump in television viewing, a worsening commute time and a scarcity of gyms, the magazine said.

How unfortunate it's now in their Super Bowl logo.

capt.mips10210272247.super_bowl_detroit_mips102.jpg

If someone could post the pic itself, that's be appreciated, this Mac I'm using at work won't let me do it. Everytime I click on "Open Image in New Window" it downloads the file to my desktop. (BTW, anyone know why that happens and how to fix it? ... that's a new one for me.)

I really thought they'd switch to regular numbers for 40. The logo's different, but I think the XL bothers me more than the design...

EDIT: Thanks, OneManManyFacets.

is the superbowl now gonna be in domed stadiums besides warm stadiums too?

It has been for a while. This is the second Super Bowl in the Detroit area. The Metrodome in Minneapolis hosted one, too.

The logo is terrible. A real shame.

they could have done so much with it, i would have envoked some of the classic car design elements into it, such as the bel air trim. it could have been really cool, but this is just ehhh. it looks like a t shirt tag.

the extra large superbowl. great.

on a serious note, this logo is something new, taking a turn in a different (maybe bad) direction. i dont hate it, but it is visually bland. not very attractive. The white space between the X and the L is really bothering me. At least this year's Jacksonville logo looks really good...

Why are the Super Bowl logos being released earlier and earlier? One year and three months before the game and they unveil the logo? I can remember not so long ago that I would not have seen the logo until well into the season OF the that Super Bowl.

Do we ever really like anything we see?

NO!

The reason we don't like things is not because we think we can do better nearly as much as we think THEY can do better.

The Detroit Super Bowl Committee logo they used would've been a very nice Super Bowl logo.

Hmm I think atleats I hope they rework that some.

Huh?? I've read this a few times, and it still doesn't read like English.

Anyway, didn't JQK do a pretty knock-out concept for XL a while back? This one, despite NYS's whine that we hate everything, is... well, it's not good. It's horribly dull for a Super Bowl logo, doubly so given some of the stuff they've done in recent years that hasn't been over-the-top crazy, yet has been exceptionally sharp.

Archived