A Yankee fan comes to terms....

JQK

It's just funny how winning for one year, Bostonians think they've eclipsed the Yankees somehow? It's gonna take alot more before you eclipse the Bombers.

As I posted, nobody can quibble with the place of the Yankees franchise in the overall history of the game of baseball. As a Massachusetts-born-and-bred, die-hard Boston Red Sox fan, I may despise the New York Yankees, but I'm well aware of the team's historical accomplishments.

That said, the Boston Red Sox did manage to "somehow eclipse" the vaunted "Bronx Bombers". The 2004 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox "eclipsed" the accomplishments of the 2004 American League East Champion New York Yankees on the field of play in the American League Championship Series.

For the 2004 Major League Baseball Season, the Boston Red Sox won it all. The New York Yankees did not. In this season, the Yankees accomplishments were "eclipsed" by those of the Red Sox. There can only be one World Series Champion. MLB's 30 other teams are "also-rans" for the season. The Yankees just happen to be one of them.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a question: Shouldn't "Red Sox" really have 5 World Series titles since they were known as the Pilgrims when they won in 1903?

It's the same franchise since 1901. And now the Boston Red Sox have 6 (six) World Series titles.

The letter of that Yankee fan is very, very nice. That's a good man and a very good sport gentleman. I suspect that Dan Smith isn't the nickname of J. Quincy King... isn't it? :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Here's a question: Shouldn't "Red Sox" really have 5 World Series titles since they were known as the Pilgrims when they won in 1903?

It's the same franchise since 1901. And now the Boston Red Sox have 6 (six) World Series titles.

The letter of that Yankee fan is very, very nice. That's a good man and a very good sport gentleman. I suspect that Dan Smith isn't the nickname of J. Quincy King... isn't it? :D

I'm well aware it's the same franchise. I could also say the Leafs did not really win 12 Stanley Cups :D

I saw, I came, I left.

It's just that the CURRENT Yankees team didn't earn either title THIS YEAR, at the expense of THIS Boston Red Sox squad. And it galls you.

You're right.

Remember all those times the Yankees just crushed the sould of Red Sox Nation? Remember? I know you do. Well, you got a little payback this year. Congratulations. For the first time in History a Yankee fan has to say to a Red Sox fan "Wait 'till next year"

And yes, it sucks. I'm not used to it. It's like speaking chinese. I'm still not sure the words "Red Sox are World Champions" can be assembled in a sentence. It seems like bad grammar.

There is no doubt that for this one year, the Red Sox were better. The Yankee aura failed them, the Red Sox fought through 86 years of history, and that is to be commended.

However, they are still the Red Sox, and i still hate them with every fiber of my being.

Wait 'til Next Year.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This from soxsuck.com

An open message to Boston Red Sox Fans

Congratulations, from a Yankees Fan...

While it hasn't always been easy being a Yankees fan, as of late it certainly has been quite fun (not counting, of course, this past three weeks). You, on the other hand, have been through a rough three generations. Yet, you fill Fenway to the point where it is bursting at its' seams -- day in and day out. You have stuck with your team no matter what. One cannot help but admire and respect your loyalty and devotion.

It is harder than ever to win; it is only in recent history that teams have had to battle their way through one five-game series, and then two seven-game series to win a championship. To root for your team through the ups and downs of a 162-game season, and then to feel the pressure, the pain, the fear, and hopefully the joy that October brings is unlike anything else.

When the Yankees beat Atlanta eight years ago, it seemed like eons since we Yankee fans had tasted victory -- but it was "only" eighteen years. While Pedro, Johnny Damon, David Ortiz, Jason Varitek, Curt Schilling, Terry Francona and the rest of the cast earned the victory on the field, nobody deserves this more than you do.

Wait 'til next year! "Next year," the World Series Pennant will call Fenway Park home. To watch that flag get raised over your park on opening day (by Johnny Pesky I would suspect) will be a priceless moment; one for which many of you have waited a lifetime. Watching the pennant fly over your field will put smiles on your faces throughout next season.

Revel in it. You have earned it, and you certainly deserve it.

- Dan Smith, soxsuck.com

Amazing! Actual proof of the existance of a "Classy Yankees' Fan".

I'd always thought that they were a myth... like Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster or Ben Affleck's acting ability.

(Silly me... Affleck's acting ability doesn't belong on this list. It's been proven to be non-existant.)

Man... given the revelation of this guy's post, I think it's time for me to bankroll that expedition to Atlantis that I've always dreamed of.

All kidding aside... kudos to you Dan Smith. You are a true gentleman and an obvious fan of the game of baseball.

Hey, I'm Class-- you know i can't even finish that statement without laughing....

Try typing "Ben Affleck's acting ability" with a straight face and a steady hand.

Yea.. that's a tough one...... :P

sB9ijEj.png

Hey, I'm Class-- you know i can't even finish that statement without laughing....

Try typing "Ben Affleck's acting ability" with a straight face and a steady hand.

Yea.. that's a tough one...... :P

Now you're all just being hurtful. He was magnificent in Daredevil.

ben_affleck_b8.jpg

8QSKdCG.png

It's just that the CURRENT Yankees team didn't earn either title THIS YEAR, at the expense of THIS Boston Red Sox squad. And it galls you.

You're right.

Remember all those times the Yankees just crushed the sould of Red Sox Nation? Remember? I know you do. Well, you got a little payback this year. Congratulations. For the first time in History a Yankee fan has to say to a Red Sox fan "Wait 'till next year"

And yes, it sucks. I'm not used to it. It's like speaking chinese. I'm still not sure the words "Red Sox are World Champions" can be assembled in a sentence. It seems like bad grammar.

There is no doubt that for this one year, the Red Sox were better. The Yankee aura failed them, the Red Sox fought through 86 years of history, and that is to be commended.

However, they are still the Red Sox, and i still hate them with every fiber of my being.

Wait 'til Next Year.

Nicely done, King... I appreciate those words.

Oh, and so you know.. the Sox could lose 100 games next year, and we'd all still have our perma-grin, the one established over the past three weeks.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I doubt there's any verb you could put between "Ben Affleck's" and "ability" that you could type with a straight face or steady hand.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I doubt there's any verb you could put between "Ben Affleck's" and "ability" that you could type with a straight face or steady hand.

And yet, that bastard keeps stealing my girlfriends! DAMN YOU, AFFLECK! DAMN YOU! :cursing:

Sorry.... it's just hard to see that no-talent ass-clown with hot women. :P

Nicely done, King...  I appreciate those words.

I agree with you. After all the King is a person and a kind one.

He was magnificent in Daredevil.

Hey, are you the lone one that voted Daredevil with a 10 in IMDB.com?

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

:D lack of

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Is "suckass" a verb?

:P

sB9ijEj.png

Archived