Link

The Red Sox are no longer near the top.

MLB #1: Chicago Cubs

NFL #1: Philadelphia Eagles

NHL #1: Toronto Maple Leafs

NBA #1: Utah Jazz

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Oooh, that's good. I think this is particularly funny:

51. Los Angeles Kings

LAST TITLE: None

THE CURSE: Curse of McSorley's Stick

THE SCOOP: Or was it his mullet? Or was it Bruce McNall?

Even though I'm a die-hard fan, I still have a sense of humour and I know this curse is true. Had the Kings won game 2, they likely would have won the Cup in 1993.....had McSorley not been playing with his illegal stick...or maybe it was the fact that they came into the league and played for the first 20 years in Prairie Gold and Forum Blue.....hmmm... <_<

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

44. Denver Nuggets

THE CURSE: Curse of the Seattle Center Coliseum

THE SCOOP: Remember when Dikembe Mutombo sprawled on the floor to celebrate the biggest NBA playoff upset in the final game ever at the old Coliseum? Let's just say the hoop gods were not pleased.

Yea right, that's why they've got one of the best teams in the NBA this year, right?

Don't mess with my Colorado teams!!

Oooh, that's good. I think this is particularly funny:

51. Los Angeles Kings

THE CURSE: Curse of McSorley's Stick

THE SCOOP: Or was it his mullet? Or was it Bruce McNall?

Even though I'm a die-hard fan, I still have a sense of humour and I know this curse is true. Had the Kings won game 2, they likely would have won the Cup in 1993.....had McSorley not been playing with his illegal stick...or maybe it was the fact that they came into the league and played for the first 20 years in Prairie Gold and Forum Blue.....hmmm... <_<

This does explain the rash of injuries to tear through the Kings over the last few years...

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

30. Seattle Sonics  1979  Curse of Paul Westphal  This curse has struck in three forms: first, the '79 title team was torn apart when Dennis Johnson was traded for Westphal; then Westphal's Suns beat Seattle in the '93 conference finals; then Westphal coached the Sonics into oblivion.

I just realized how sad that this is. What did Seattle do to deserve just 4 championships in 87 years. The Seattle Metros in 1917, Seattle Sonics in 1979, Washington Huskies in 1991,if you count it as I do, and the Seattle Storm in 2004.

felix5ix8na.png

30. Seattle Sonics 1979 Curse of Paul Westphal This curse has struck in three forms: first, the '79 title team was torn apart when Dennis Johnson was traded for Westphal; then Westphal's Suns beat Seattle in the '93 conference finals; then Westphal coached the Sonics into oblivion.

I just realized how sad that this is. What did Seattle do to deserve just 4 championships in 87 years. The Seattle Metros in 1917, Seattle Sonics in 1979, Washington Huskies in 1991,if you count it as I do, and the Seattle Storm in 2004.

Don't forget the 2001 Marin......... oh wait ..... never mind ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

30. Seattle Sonics  1979  Curse of Paul Westphal  This curse has struck in three forms: first, the '79 title team was torn apart when Dennis Johnson was traded for Westphal; then Westphal's Suns beat Seattle in the '93 conference finals; then Westphal coached the Sonics into oblivion.

Ouch... You will never know how much that hurts me every day. :cursing:

felix5ix8na.png

Me too, being a Mariners fan since I was 6.

on a lesser scale,

Team: Green Bay Packers

Curse: The Hatian Concessionaire (not kidding)

scoop: back in the 60s, the Pack beat the Eagles in Philly. a concession guy who happened to be Hatian put a voodoo curse on the green & gold, and the Pack haven't won in Philly since. that play last year is testament to that. <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Well if you are going to include the Storm then you can also count all the Sounders titles over the years. That makes it a little better.

Chicago has the two longest droughts in baseball, and the longest in hockey... good times in the windy city.

I don't know why the Leafs are #1 on that list for the NHL-the Blackhawks should be...

We gave more weight to teams that have been close to titles and failed

The Blackhawks have made the finals since the Leafs have--but have gone longer without winning it...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

30. Seattle Sonics 1979 Curse of Paul Westphal This curse has struck in three forms: first, the '79 title team was torn apart when Dennis Johnson was traded for Westphal; then Westphal's Suns beat Seattle in the '93 conference finals; then Westphal coached the Sonics into oblivion.

Me too, being a Mariners fan since I was 6.

Add me to that list. :(

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

20. New York Knicks

Curse of the Frozen Lottery Ball

After the NBA rigged the 1985 draft for the Knicks to get the first pick and Patrick Ewing, the hoops gods put a little hex over the Garden to ensure a price would be paid.

51. New York Giants

Curse of the Frustrated Commish Paul

After the NFL commish(giants fan) set up a deal in the 2004 draft for the Giants to get the rights to Eli Manning, the football gods put a little hex over the Giants to ensure that every season furthermore would end without a championship.

Im sure Ill get burned by NYers, but you have to wonder why San Diego would give up so easy on Manning, especially after they practiacally gave up Vick years earlier.

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

It was because Manning said he would not play for San Diego even before the draft. Quite simply, he wouldn't have a signed a contract and would've just sat out unitl either the San Diego Chargers traded him or next years draft rolled around and he got drafted again by a different team.

If San Diego was smart they would've taken the guy that a lot of experts said is better than Eli -- Ben Roethlisberger, and he's been amazing so far.

And as it stands right now -- the Chargers got the better end of that Tomlinson/Vick deal. Tomlinson can be considered the best at his position while Vick has only had one really good year. Not to say Vick isn't a great talent, but I'd take Tomlinson any day.

IUe6Hvh.png

the Sydney Swans must be cursed, they haven't won a flag since 1933, i thought that was a long time- then i heard the Red Sox hadn't won a WS since 1918 until now...why they are cursed? i don't know

Hey, who put a curse on the Swans anyways? :therock:

I saw, I came, I left.

the Sydney Swans must be cursed, they haven't won a flag since 1933, i thought that was a long time- then i heard the Red Sox hadn't won a WS since 1918 until now...why they are cursed? i don't know

girly mascot? :)

Just thought of this. I think a real arguement could be there to have 4 chicago teams on the cursed list. The Bears haven't won since 1985. This curse could be, "Curse of Sweetness" where they didn't allow Walter Payton to score in the SB, or "Curse of the Shuffle." The football gods don't like when you are this cocky. Well, the gods were slow to react. They allowed the Super Bowl that year, but the bears have failed to win since.

The whole city is cursed! Why??? They desearve better!

Archived