50 Most Cursed Franchises In Sports

the_cynic

The Australian soccer team had a curse put on them in 1974 by a witch doctor in Africa.

They had already won their way through to the World Cup, but didn't win a game, and haven't qualified for the World Cup since, despite being consistently listed as being in the top 30, and currently top 20 countries in the world at soccer.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The Australian soccer team had a curse put on them in 1974 by a witch doctor in Africa.

They had already won their way through to the World Cup, but didn't win a game, and haven't qualified for the World Cup since, despite being consistently listed as being in the top 30, and currently top 20 countries in the world at soccer.

Australia is currently at 64

http://fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0...ct-2004,00.html

I saw, I came, I left.

Australia is currently at 64

http://fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0...ct-2004,00.html

This site has them at number 20, which I'd prefer to use, but I guess FIFA has a bit to do with soccer too.

I might have to stand corrected on that one.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

This site has them at number 20, which I'd prefer to use, but I guess FIFA has a bit to do with soccer too.

I might have to stand corrected on that one.

I guess FIFA doesn't recognise Palau, Niue and 16 other nations.

Imagine not recognising that soccer giant Palau!!

(They've played one game of soccer, ever, and lost 2-15 to Guam)

I say rate the Aussies 20, not 64. FIFA doesn't know soccer.

PS One day a few years ago we beat the Eastern Samoa 31 - 0, and that was two days after we beat Tonga 22 - 0.

53 goals in three days!

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I say rate the Aussies 20, not 64. FIFA doesn't know soccer.

PS One day a few years ago we beat the Eastern Samoa 31 - 0, and that was two days after we beat Tonga 22 - 0.

53 goals in three days!

I guess the IRB really doesn't know rugby and the ICC really doesn't know cricket..... <_<

I saw, I came, I left.

3. St. Louis Blues

None

The Curse with No Name

Making the playoffs each of the past 25 years and never even reaching the Finals? It's no wonder Blues fans refuse to even mention this curse.

That's a sad one. Thirty-six years of existance, no Cups. The first three years we made the finals, but were swept every year. Some people think maybe it's the curse of Scotty Bowman. I believe he was let go after those three finals appearance. Of course he's had great success since including a lot of beating up on the Blues. The thing is, there is so much crazy and unfortunate stuff that has happened to this team, and we've got nothing. It's really weird. A radio station was reading off all kinds of stuff that's happened to the Blues after the Mike Danton incident, and it does seem as if something's up.

Yet, I don't believe in this curse if any. We're gonna win some day.

Chicago has the two longest droughts in baseball, and the longest in hockey... good times in the windy city.

But 6 NBA championships in the last 15 years. They haven't been exactly starved.

Archived