NFL Uniform Colors

mjrbaseball

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the 2:00 warning of Monday Night Football, ABC rain a trailer previewing next week's game between the Patriots and the Dolphins. They showed a clip of Tom Brady in action, then showed Jason Taylor sitting in the Dolphins locker room. Taylor then puts on the ORANGE jersey.

Is Miami scheduled to wear the Orange jersey next Monday night? I couldn't find proof of it in this thread.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

At the 2:00 warning of Monday Night Football, ABC rain a trailer previewing next week's game between the Patriots and the Dolphins. They showed a clip of Tom Brady in action, then showed Jason Taylor sitting in the Dolphins locker room. Taylor then puts on the ORANGE jersey.

Is Miami scheduled to wear the Orange jersey next Monday night? I couldn't find proof of it in this thread.

Yes Dolphins are wearing orange.

Normal:

PIT/NYG

WSH/SF

CAR/ATL

DAL/PHI

DEN/KC

HOU/CHI

JAX/GB

MIN/DET

NO/TB

SD/CLE

TEN/OAK

BAL/IND

Other:

Seahawks (white/white) at Jets (green/green)

Bills (white/white) at Bengals (black/white)

Rams (white/gold) at Cardinals (red/white)

Normalcy will prevail on 12/24 (GB-MIN) and 12/25 (OAK-KC and DEN-TENN).

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

• 2 weeks later...

OK ... at the end of the regular season, let's take a look:

There were 11 teams that went through the whole season with just two different uniform combinations. Of those, the Redskins played 15 of their 16 games in white/burgundy, reversing that only for the game at Dallas.

The Cowboys, Bears, Lions and Colts would have been in that grouping, save for their Thanksgiving throwbacks. The Charges also had a week with a throwback to put them in the three-uniform category.

On the other end of the scale, the teams from Ohio each played in five different combinations during the year. Both the Browns and Bengals mixed-and-matched their regular pants and jerseys, plus they each broke out an alternate orange jersey.

The breakdown:

5 combinations:

Cincinnati, Cleveland

4 combinations:

Arizona, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Miami, N.Y. Jets, Philadelphia

3 combinations (including throwback):

Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Indianapolis, San Diego

3 combinations:

Atlanta, Baltimore, Carolina, Denver, Houston, New England, N.Y. Giants, Tennessee

2 combinations:

Green Bay, Kansas City, Minnesota, New Orleans, Oakland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Washington

CK3ZP8E.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else find it odd that most of the two-combo teams are in the NFC? Is this just mainly a tradition based thing, or are the AFC teams just trying to market harder?

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

The Bears wore their dark pants w/ the home uniforms for the Monday night game vs. the Packers in 2002...the one they played at U. of Illinois' home stadium in Champaign, IL, while Soldier Field was being renovated into the monstrosity it is today. :P

photo23.jpg

photo27.jpg

Other than halving the sleeve stripes in 1997, the Pack is your true model of consistency. All they've changed, discounting the Forrest Gregg-era weirdness, since 1961:

* moved the TV numbers from the sleeve to the shoulder pads

* moved the G higher on the helmet in 1994

* changed to solid green & white socks, with the occasional gold ring

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

Archived