New Juventus Kits

Waffles

Mmmhhh. Like in baseball, I love tradition. I hate ads in jerseys and major innovations specially in Nike made jerseys.

About Juventus, I like the jersey used by Michel 'le Grand' Platini and Company: vertical strips more thin.

Michel%20Platini%20background%20michael.jpg

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I've seen these before.

Before the typical Nike template bashing begins, I just want to say I love the away jersey's pattern, as seen with on the road jersey as well as with other teams (Barça, Porto, the list goes on...). It works well, and uses great colour combos (except maybe on this instance).

The 'commemorative stars' (call 'em what you want) look dreadful not placed above the logo. Tisk tisk, Nike.

Speaking of logos, I don't know if anyone noticed, but Juve unveiled a new logo, which they are using on these kits. I guess it's their take on a newer/more modern looking-logo. Personally, I liked their previous logo. Compare for yourselves:

Old Logo:

logo_thumbnail.gif

New Logo:

logo_thumbnail.gif

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Mmmhhh. Like in baseball, I love tradition. I hate ads in jerseys....

When did ads start on soccer jerseys?

Mmmhhh... around the late '70 and early '80 as I can recall...

It depends in each country. Italy and Argentina started in the early '80. Germany, I thought, started in the late '70.

It's a pity... because there were great jerseys w/o ads like Inter-Milano, AC Milan, Juve, etc... and in Argentina, Boca and River. In Uruguay there were two very nice and traditional jerseys: Peñarol and Nacional FC.

One of the last great soccer clubs w/o jersey's ads is FC Barcelona. And it looks fantastic despite several designs of Nike.

Adidas made alots of good designs of jerseys... but not always. I love some throwback designs.

I'm collector of baseball caps and jerseys and soccer jerseys. But I stopped shopping those last items mainly because of their ads. And I'm still keeping to shop baseball jerseys.

pennants.png

this is old news to most of us in Europe, but let me add my 2 cents.

I DO like this logo a lot, it's simplified version of old logo, and text inside it looks much better, it's much easier to reproduce, stich and everything else, and it's been well accepted by fans. As a fan of arch rival Fiorentina (since Baggio trade) I must say I like Juve's colors, specialy pink, but not Nike tmeplets. As we allready talked her about it, teams as Barca, Juve, Arsenal should have unique look.

speaking about Barca and sponsorless jersey, few days ago I red at soccerway.com that this shold be history soon, and history might happend even this year.

I think Liverpool started this in Britain in 1979, but I'm not sure if other countries did it before that?

I've never been a big fan of black and white stripes but for some reason it always looks classy on Juventus. Moving the badge away from the stars is a disgrace, those stars should be a vital part of the club crest.

That second shirt is almost identical to the Barca second shirt as well. Another Nike lookalike job. This is one of the few benefits of my team (Liverpool) having a kit deal with Reebok... no-one has the same shirt, even if it is second rate and almost impossible to find outside of England :cursing:

liverpool-1.png

Its also hardly original as Australia's one day cricket team wore a shirt with that striping pattern about 10 years ago. But then again, all that is old is always new again eventually in the design world.

liverpool-1.png

As far as Barca sporting any ads, this year it has not yet happened. I agree I hate the cookie-cutter designs, but I love Barcas away kit this year. Also, I don't think the ads take anything away from the jerseys. They actually fill space that would be occupied by the circle job on the Nike uniforms. As for Juve moving the stars, it looks like they are copying the Italian national team who moved the stars to the sleeves rather than placing them over the team logo.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Also, aren't they wearing a different sponsor than Sky Sports? I think they are still wearing the sponsor from last year rather then the ones posted on the board

Nope, they are wearing the Sky Sports sponsor logo, check their official website. What is also interesting is that they wear a different sponsor's logo (TAMOIL) for Champion's League.

I saw, I came, I left.

In England the rules were changed fore the 1980-81 season to allow sponsorship. Not everyone jumped on the bandwagon straightaway though. I sdon't recall any other countries allowing sponsorship before but I could be wrong.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Talking about ads in soccer jerseys, there is a terrible situation: the one of the Atlético Madrid.

That Spanish team that uses to be called as the Third Great Team of Spain, has a contract with Columbia Pictures to sponsor a different film every month or so.

The result is always and steady throwing out tons of new jerseys that fashioned out only because the film is out of the billboard.

pennants.png

That Spanish team that uses to be called as the Third Great Team of Spain, has a contract with Columbia Pictures to sponsor a different film every month or so.

I remember a highlight with the team wearing Hellboy jerseys. Let's hope they aren't sponsored by "I heart Huckabees" next month

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived