Question about football jerseys

OMMF

Interesting discussion.

I think it would mainly have to do with what was stated above, itentifying ineligible men downfield. In hockey anyone can go anywhere they want, unless it's a case of no one being allowed in the crease kind of rule.

Basketball is the same, anyone can go anywhere they want, except for lane violations, but again that applies to everyone.

In baseball, the offense has to stay in the base paths.

But in football, half the team is restricted from where they can be on the field during certain situations and the refs would need to be able to identify who those players are from any angle, hence the numbers on the front.

That having been said, I'm kind of surprized more teams don't have the logo on the chest like the Steelers do.

http://llc.fanball.com/fanball/images/story/2985.jpg

Here's another one I found. What would it look like if they DID have the logos on the chest?

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium...itt-v-colts.jpg

That might take some getting used to...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I think the =10 and <5 rule needs to be waived in basketball. It's just a number. Who cares?

What rule? I'm unaware of such a rule, however, I also don't understand what you're trying to say so... that could be the reason.

And Nick, I think the only real time you see FB's wear a number in the 80's is when they play FB and TE, like Dwayne Carswell. I can't think of any pure FB's that wear a number in the 80's. Could be wrong, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think the =10 and <5 rule needs to be waived in basketball. It's just a number. Who cares?

What rule? I'm unaware of such a rule, however, I also don't understand what you're trying to say so... that could be the reason.

And Nick, I think the only real time you see FB's wear a number in the 80's is when they play FB and TE, like Dwayne Carswell. I can't think of any pure FB's that wear a number in the 80's. Could be wrong, though.

The rule doesn't apply in the NBA but in college and high school you can't have a two digit number where either of the numbers is higher than 5. The reason for this is so the referee can signal to the official scorer who a foul is on in one motion. Otherwise he'd have to show 2 signals to the scorer.

I used to be a scorer in high school and the rule made sense to me back then.

actually you are right, but FB's are allowed to wear a number in the 80's because of that. I just thought of that one because of Patrick Hape.

I have an unnumbered Georgia Tech jersey.. its an authentic blank.. like surplus for the team.

But it does looks dumb to wear around. I wouldn't reccomend it.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

As for the unnumbered Football Jersey I've only seen two in my life. One was on the Visa Commercial with the Patriot fan who plays football in the woods. The other was a Value City I've seen an unnumber Falcons jersey.

However I've never seen an unnumbered Baskball jersey.

that patriots fan is one crazy SOB. playing football in the woods....people these days.

:P

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

Archived