Ugly Bengals Uniforms

JQK

1) Remove the White side-panels on the jerseys.

2) Remove the White portion at the upper end of the tiger-striping on the side of the pants. It should be Orange-and-Black tiger-striping only.

3) Change the font for jersey numbers. Either develop a numeric font that ties into the alpha font that the "B" logo is rendered in, or go back to simple block numerals. Get rid of the drop-shadow and go with a simple outline for the numbers.

4) On all three jerseys - Black, White and Orange - the sleeves should feature Black tiger-stripes on an Orange background, NOT Orange tiger-stripes on a Black background.

5) Use the Orange alternate jersey SPARINGLY!!!

5) Get rid of the Black alternate pants.

Problem solved.

These are changes that aren't drastic enough to really deviate from the spirit of the uniform update and yet they would go a long way to make these new uniforms much more attractive.

1) Remove the White side-panels on the jerseys.

2) Remove the White portion at the upper end of the tiger-striping on the side of the pants. It should be Orange-and-Black tiger-striping only.

3) Change the font for jersey numbers. Either develop a numeric font that ties into the alpha font that the "B" logo is rendered in, or go back to simple block numerals. Get rid of the drop-shadow and go with a simple outline for the numbers.

4) On all three jerseys - Black, White and Orange - the sleeves should feature Black tiger-stripes on an Orange background, NOT Orange tiger-stripes on a Black background.

5) Use the Orange alternate jersey SPARINGLY!!!

5) Get rid of the Black alternate pants.

Problem solved.

These are changes that aren't drastic enough to really deviate from the spirit of the uniform update and yet they would go a long way to make these new uniforms much more attractive.

Precisely why I suggested them, yh. ^_^

I knew there was an awesome Bengals concept, but I couldn't remember who did it. Now I know.

I only have one minor thing to pick about these. Make the number on the orange jersey white with a black outline. After watching the Orange Julius explosion at the Carrier Dome last week, the worst thing I noticed about the jerseys (aside from the traffic cone color) was that you couldn't read the numbers on TV, unless you were very close to the player. Syracuse's navy isn't that far from black, and I think black numbers on orange may prove hard to read from a distance. Up close they were legible, but from far away, just a blurry blue mess.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

great stuff Avenger, I was working on my own version while you

were posting yours. It seems we have similiar solutions, I've been wanting the

Bengals to use a number font that mimics their logotype since they introduced it.

I've cleaned up the uni even more than you, but you'll see they're very close.

Nw number font, black collar and cuffs on both, remove the white at the top of the pants,

ditch the side panels and abracadabra, a decent evolution.

my versions can be viewed at:

http://www.geocities.com/eric_bodamer/mybengalsjohnson.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/eric_bodamer/mybengalspalmer.jpg

sorry still haven't mastere posting here, comments welcome.

***EDIT*** I changed the dark jersey to white numbers with ornage outline,

pretend there are numbers on the shoulders.

ebod... perfect.

Exactly what I was thinking I'd like to see... love it!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

since the moment i saw those jerseys, i said "take that useless white panel off the side of the jersey and tops of the pants, and you have the best uniforms in the league."

that's my theory and i'm stickin to it. ^_^

They had the best uniforms in the league. Then they went and consulted with teh Oregon Ducks among other teams. If they had to make a change (which they should not have): Avenger's would have been so much better. New, "with the times" and not in your face. Nice work.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

why does chris berman always say they look like princeton now, because last I checked princeton had simple, classy uniforms

here are princeton's unis, just for comparisons sake.

2003foot-mg-cover.jpg

now, here's my bengals concept. its a modification of a bengals concept done by rc a while ago, so ill tank him for providing this concept's "base." the helmet would left unchanged, as would the white pants wich i got from ssur's cowboy kevin's history of nfl uniforms page. the black pants needed to go so the colour wouldnt be overpowing. i decided to ditch the black jerseys all together for 2 reasons: 1) tigers are orange, and 2) they would be unique, and i believe my orange jersey is unique without going overboard. well, here it is:

cinbengals.GIF

Archived