Baltimore Stallions Logo/Uniform Concept

AAO

No offense--but it looks more like a mutant wolf than a Stallion...

It's not bad otherwise.

I like the uni striping especially.

I am, however, a big fan of the real Baltimore Stallions logo--one of the best sports logos ever...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Jerseys are nice, though copper ain't my cup of tea. Logo looks better with horse behind wordmark. Definately. But I have to agree, it needs more work to look like a horse. I'm seeing sort of a warthog/anteater hybrid. It's the long snout that needs fixing. Maybe more streamlined and elegant would give it a horsier feel. And the cheeck/jaw curve kind of makes it look more like a warthog. It looks more like bulging cheeks than a bone line.

yeah, the wrinkles in the snout is what I meant by streamlining.

Ram's colors sound good. Cause what I'm seeing isn't bad, but metallic jersey colors have never been my thing. The Nashville Predators and Dallas Mavericks ruined that for me.

though i can't personally feel the upside down shoulder stripes.

Yeah, that screams "arena football" or "xfl" to me, but you have a solid start with the logo, just work it until it looks more horselike. Also, ive noticed that the eye sort of blends into the rest of the creature in many of your concepts. i think you could add much more depth by placing more emphasis on the eye by making it bigger and more eyelike and realistic.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I agree, wolfy horse.

In addition to the snout, I would get rid of the "hair" effects on the lower side

of the neck. Horses have very short hair on most of their body, except the mane,

which should only show on the top of the neck and head. The bottom side of the logo should be smooth rather than "furry". Otherwise, nice logo. I like the colors as well.

The ears are too short for a horse, make them a little longer. The mane on the front of the neck is making your horse look feral. I suggest getting rid of the hair effect at the front of the neck but keep the width, horses have powerful necks.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

AAO, you know I think you are THE MAN when it comes to this stuff! This is another awesome concept! I think that Shizznick hit it on the nose. The sweeping stuff going on under the front part of the neck still makes the horse look a little bit like a wolf at first glance. Other than that, its fantastic. Great job!

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Another suggestion. If you want to keep that look at the front of the neck, make it a part of the mane at the back of the neck. Sweep it down from the back of the neck to make it look like a flowing mane. Maybe alter the color of the mane.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

thanks shizznick, i like your idea there abuot the mane. i'll see what i can do with it. And its not a hair effect, its just the cut of the neck area i guess. since it's not a full horse, i had to cut his head somewhere, and make it look appealing all at the same time, but i guess its not working..so i'll see what i can do with it.

It's a great design, but as many others have said, I don't think brown is the right colour for a stallion. The only stallions I've seen (here in SK....Cree for "land of many horses"....j/k) have been either all-black or mixed between white/grey and black.

But if you wanted to be like the CFL's B-more Stallions, blue would be a good (albeit cliched) choice. Good work, nevertheless.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived