Los Angeles Clippers Concept

AAO

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait a sec. Tiny problem.

It's another two-tone blue...

i agree. the nba has to many teams with simular colour schemes. maby change the light blue to some sort of teal?

'96 Islanders

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm really diggin' this logo and wordmark. Great illustration and great use of the colors. The only small thing is what I guess I would call your "signature" text highlighting. It's orientation seems a bit off. It contours well on the C, then not so well on the rest of the letters. Still, very strong concept. Far superior to what they have now.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Wait a sec. Tiny problem.

It's another two-tone blue...

i agree. the nba has to many teams with simular colour schemes. maby change the light blue to some sort of teal?

'96 Islanders

i happen to like the colours of the '96 islanders :P

Out of interest, what reference picture(s) did you use for your concept? I might still be able to find the ones I used, and they look significantly different from your ship... it would be interesting to see the ship variations we found.

Also, I'd lose the transformation on the "Clippers" text, or else apply it evenly to the entire thing... the way the top of the C heavily outweighs the bottom looks a little awkward.

Lastly, may I suggest offset paths to make outlines? The way the dark blue is thin around the S but thick around the C looks a wee bit rushed.

Nice work AAO... hopefully these suggestions will help make it even better.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

thanks for the tips syphi, and i do usually use offset path, but sometimes it doesnt turn out how i wanted it to so i just drew it. I used quite a few different pics of a clipper as my references from google image search, but none of them really look like my clipper because i only took a few elements from them. for example, i didnt have any pics of a clipper with flags, but mine has flags anyway.

• 3 years later...

i really like the concept overall...the only thing that bugs me, and it REALLY bugs me, is the wordmark...mainly how it is waving or in some kind of movement. it really distracts me when looking at the logo overall. when looking at the C all the way to the S, it makes the rest of the logo and that shield area look really off balanced.

anyone else seeing that?

Archived