how did you get started?

stimpy

How did you get started in making logos and jerseys? Me? Well one day I joined a hockey forum and a member there had a sig of a jersey he made and a link, I went to the site and was like so surprised that people did this. That person was Discrimahater or it was his site. I wanted to make one so bad that I cleared one of his jerseys one by one (Not knowing what templates were) and made my first one. (Really ugly bruins I'll try to find it) There I made more and more untill I joined here. Anybody have a good story to tell?

It all started with a girl, two slices of cheese, and a dream... :D

Honestly, I was bored one day, & I was interested in logo history (I thought the old ones were cool), so I looked it up. Then I got inspired, and here I am now hundreds of concepts later.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I wanted to find some sports logos to use as wallpaper on my computer -- there wasn't any place to find them.

So I started my own site and yatta yatta yatta here we are today.

..and those of us who use these logos for various purposes owe you a debt of gratitude. Thnks for making our searches end here! :D

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Let me guess, teh sig pic was of a red Sens jersey? if so, that was indeed me then, at either Thunderpuck or Depot (probably the former). you won't be able to find that Bruins jersey in its original form, as i'd regretfully deleted it while clearing out some memory space, although i might get around to redoing it one day (basically, it was an amalgamation of various Bruins jerseys using brown, black and gold)

and now you got vic stealin my old phrase, replacin the $17 with cheese :D

i started out like many, not knowing what templates were, and actually using one from one of those custom jersey makers (which is why my first one, that same red Sens, had numbers and shoulder logos that were WAY too big)...all i know is i'd stumbled upon the old Fanhome board, the site of some guy named Creamer :hockeysmiley: and then a site known as the SLE. as i felt my way around, i decided to start the baseball TATC project, which if you go to my old site is still around (for the time being, haven't gotten around to usin the wrecking ball yet) and went from there. And look at me now B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I have always been interested in sports logos and uniforms since going to my first sporting event, a Twins vs. White Sox game at age 7.

I remember thinking, "Why are the White Sox wearing RED?"

al_1971_chicago.gif

Sometime around the age of 12, I started drawing team logos on notebook paper. Eventually I did the NHL, WHA, MLB, NFL, NBA and even the NASL.

My Dad covered my walls with cork panels, so my "bulletin board" was 4 feet by 4 feet on one wall and 4 feet x 3 feet on the other. I'd pin up my logos in order of the standings for each current season.

Fast forward to the late 90's. I'm a photographer, so naturally we got into digital photography and photoshop. Pretty cool when the hand you a nice, fast computer loaded with the latest software and are dumb enough to give you internet access on top of that.

I now make my own vintage t-shirt designs for the "original eight" baseball teams using tobacco cards as the main artwork. This of course, led me to seaching the web for vintage baseball logos. That is how I came to know the one and only Mr. Chris Creamer's web page and then this message board and the killer designers who inhabit this place. :notworthy:

No one ever did explain why the White Sox were wearing red though...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Hey same here!

But seriously-

Blame my Grandmother--seriously...

She came to visit and brought me some hockey cards as a gift, so from a young age I was fascinated by team logos, as well as the sports themselves.

I started watching the NHL draft when they put it on TV, mostly to see if any new unis were revealed, or to see new ones previously announced, but I hadn't seen more than a grainy picture of. (I remember Hartford's blue, and Jersey's non-green that way)

If a team has a new uni I try to catch a game of theirs on TV...

At an early age I created my own leagues--including logos-starting with my school.

So it's been almost life long.

The logo interest also extended to bands and comics...

It was semi dormant at one point, but first my parent's PC started to re-awaken it.

Then my own PC with Madden & the internet it came out again--and eventually I made my way here...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

started playing basketball when i was 9, started watching the NBA, really liked uniforms and logos, started doodling their logos in my notebooks in school...blah...blah...blah and here i am today 8 years later with illustrator photoshop and a website full of concepts.

For me, it originally started in 1987, when I attempted to free hand and recreate the Super Bowl XXI field (Giants vs. Broncos). Which then led me to attempt redesign the local pop warner team's look. Which then led me to create a Bay Are Football League. Which co-incided with the Sharks debut and a movie called the Mighty Ducks which got me into creating hockey jerseys. And now I stand before you a sports logoholic. :D

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

That sounds suspicious.....

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=14695

As for me, it started with a wild imagination in which I created a fictional world with fictional sports teams. I started designing logos at about 10.

Around that time, I also made model stadiums from paper. Over time, I had done 9 stadiums and 7 arenas. In fact I still have a complex consisting of four stadiums and two arenas that I made nine years ago and a baseball stadium/arena complex, my last project, that I made six years ago. It was cool because one side of the arena also acted as a outfield wall of the baseball stadium.

Ever since the age of 10, I have added teams and drawn logos for them. Also, I have made numerous changes in design. However, I've only been able to a small selection on any particular computer software because of my limited skills in that area and I prefer to draw them on paper.

I saw, I came, I left.

i was actually checking a topic about the Bobcats jerseys at a basketball message board, when some guy said something like "This sucks, I've seen better concepts on this site, especially the ones from a member named "Against All Odds". So I checked it out and thought the site was pretty cool. I'm happy I found it, i'm not sure what else I'd do in all that free time.

Howard1.jpg

I started out messing around with redesigned Rugby League jerseys for teams in our competition here in Australia back when changing your jersey became fashionable in the late 80s/early 90s. Then when I got onto the PC and online I started designing them for my fantasy and PBeM teams, and for my mates as well.

Hadn't designed much in ages (and am very rusty) until I stumbled across this place a few weeks back from a link somewhere. The interest in logos and uniforms was always there, but I guess I didn't bother to look for a site like this.

And yes I'm still slightly in awe of some of your concepts :notworthy:

liverpool-1.png

I always collected sports cards, and was always fascinated with the logos on them. Which lead me to try and buy only cards that contained logos, so I can see all the teams logos every year to see if there were any changes. I used to try draw them myself, etc, etc. Fast forward to the late 90's and me having internet at home, it was just fitting that I find Creamers site, and the rest is history.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

in grade prep (age 5 in 1995) i began drawing footy jumper designs onto 2 large papers and stapled them so they looked like footy jumpers... then impersonated the play while watching it on TV

i kept designing footy jumpers on paper then moved to computer a fewq years ago and made my own template which in hindsight looks more like a basketball jersey- all my orginal designs are in hard copy but not on disk and they are all on my wall... gee they sucked

a few years ago (before i knew what a forum is) i typed in 'Basketball uniform designs' in google and somehow found my way to SSUR and thought it was the best site ever (no offence intended, pantone) and later found CCSLC through a link on that page... and then i thought it was crap (remember, i had no idea what a forum was back then)

earlier this year i came back through that link on SSUR and joined up and thinking i was the only aussie on here... i never intended on posting on here that often and many of my posts earlier on were pretty stupid and crap when i first found out Steve-O is my 155th cousin living on the other side of the globe

now i design for the sake of it because i find most of the things on TV these days are crap....when the rest of your family hates sport so there goes my TV viewing time

now i deisgn uniforms for any sport.... i don't really enjoy doing logos because they take too long... and i basically like any form of the term 'design' and now i love this place

this is also my most serious post on here... the rest are probably just posts of crap

Also, Big announcement at post 1500

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I started out very early....as early as six. I would sit with my dad watching NFL or NHL and would draw the players in action scenes. I would then sometimes change there logs and uniforms...even the odd time putting my name on the back of the jersey.

At the age of 15 my father said I should get a job for the summer...so as a bit of a joke I went to a job interview professional firm for a graphic artist. I beat out college grads...this was a full-time job and was asked to stay on instead of going back to highschool. I decided to finish school...and was bouncing around from job to job untill I deceided to do it on my own. For the past five years I have run a small sportswear company, doing logos on the side, waiting for my big break.

I post my logos here because no one else would even see them...and there is a lot of unknown talent here on this site. :notworthy:

I found this board after someone had emailed me saying that my Flames logo was on here and they wanted me to help them with a logo. Even since I am a daily visitor. :D

It all started when I was two years old. I remember seeing on Monday Night Football that they had a tunnell like thing and went by all the teams helmets.

Then when I was in Kindergarten I drew a bunch of NFL helmets for a project.

Over my entire elementary school time, I used to take index cards and draw every teams logo on them every year for the NFL.

Then in middle school I started on hockey with the NFL because we had just got the Avalanche.

Ever since 1993 I buy an NFL 'annual' magazine with the rosters and I was always interested in the logos they put in there.

Later I started drawing my own NFL Uniform templates, then I copied it a LOT of times, one for every different NFL uniform from 1960.

In high school my friend Kyle showed me a hockey catalog and I saw the NHL graphic jerseys they have in there. I then started doing them on my own in my tech lab class.

My sophmore year I got really into gumball helmets and was looking for logos to make my own and cam across Chris's site and somehow I didn't find out about this forum until two years later.

And here I am now.

Archived