MLB Player Movement

jrodsep

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boston.com is reporting that the Red Sox have signed Matt Clement to a contract.

link

Well there goes our #1 target... I hate the East!

Dang...

Baseball needs a salary cap almost as much as hockey, but for competitive reasons.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I agree. It was mentioned on Boston radio this week, it's very boring when it's the same few teams that are always mentioned to acquire high-priced free agents. It's always Boston, the Yankees (sometimes Mets), Dodgers. Again, these seem to be the only teams that can afford the salaries that these free agents will command, but it's as predictable as a wrestling script.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

BREAKING NEWS

The Big Three is now down to one. ESPN's Peter Gammons reports A's ace Mark Mulder has been traded to the Cardinals for pitchers Danny Haren, Kiki Calero and catcher Daric Barton. On Thursday Oakland sent Tim Hudson to Atlanta.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

First off, I understood the Hudson deal. They had a lot of money locked up in Zito, so they wouldn't be able to keep all three when Hudson then Mulder's contracts came up. Given that 05' was Hudson's walk year, and he'd given the A's an ultimatum, it makes sense to trade him since they were probably going to let him walk. Plus, they added to an already strong bench and farm system.

Now, I know Rich Harden is set to become a top pitcher, and Joe Blanton moves into the ace-in-training position that Harden held. But, why did they trade Mulder? Now, Zito, Harden and Blanton are the only locked in starters I see. The A's are in trouble with the starting pitching if they decide to start Dan Meyer and Danny Haren as the No. 4 and 5 starters - Meyer pitched in two Major League games last year, and Haren pitched in fourteen and started just five. I hope the A's have another move planned to get another legit starter...

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Dan Haren may not be an established starter, but he was more than likely going to step into the Cards rotation this year, and you can expect him to step into the A's now.

You can't call him a prospect because he has been with the Cards big club for most of 2 years now, but because I can't think of a better term, Haren is a top notch pitching prospect.

"I guess the A's book should be No Money Ball, it's time to move that franchise. Maybe to Vegas, Portland or Sac-town."

Of course, we all know who to blame for that.

AL FRICKING DAVIS, THE FRICKING CITY OF OAKLAND AND THE FRICKING COUNTY OF ALAMEDIOCRE!!!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

STL FANATIC  Posted on Saturday, December 18th, 2004 - 22:24:43

Dan Haren may not be an established starter, but he was more than likely going to step into the Cards rotation this year, and you can expect him to step into the A's now.

You can't call him a prospect because he has been with the Cards big club for most of 2 years now, but because I can't think of a better term, Haren is a top notch pitching prospect.

Don't get me wrong, I don't consider Haren a prospect. All I'm saying is, an A's fan should be concerned about Haren and Meyer as Nos. 4 and 5 in the rotation... they may turn out just great, but I think the A's should try and find some way to get another legit starter. In addition to Haren and Meyer being unproven, you have Blanton, who SHOULD pitch well, but that's no guarantee.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I dont know if this has been mentioned but Steve Kline to Baltimore........ damnit he has amazing numbers, he wouldve helped the jays bullpen by a lot

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived