Indiana Pacers Concept

AAO

I don't quite get it. Why does the logo have wings? It looks like an alt for the Hawks. The ball on the P looks very awkwardly placed. It almost looks like an R. The shading on the ball competes with the striping. And I don't like the color change. It doesn't feel like the Pacers anymore.

Sorry, man. Nice try. It's not a bad concept on its own, but it's not a good one for the Pacers.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

hey these are really cool! i especially like the primary logo, which reminds me of the Indy Motor Speedway logo (any inspiration from that?).

the secondary mark doesn't really doo too much for me: the arcing wave behind the ball reminds me too much of Orlando's logo. just a question: why the change to black? not saying i dont like it, just wondering why there was no Navy Blue included.

overall, very nice work.

i was just trying to get away from the influx of blue in the NBA. And their uniforms currently look black. i don't thinkt he P with the ball looks like an R at all IMO. The ball would have to be much further down for that to happen. And the wings have to do with exactly what jmings and epper mentioned about the motor speedway logo--there was inspiration, but just the idea of the wings, i didnt want them to be the same exact wings. And i think i will add the blue, but i was trying to avoid it because

A) the warriors, grizzlies, nuggets, all have blue/gold color schemes.

) Both of my past 2 concepts ive posted has had some shade of blue and gold.

C) their uniforms currently look black.

The ball and streaks starting to the right of the P make it look lke an R. I'd move it up to the hole of the P, similar to what they have now. I understand you wanting to switch color schemes, but if the black and silver are supposed to bring in the theme of racing, you shold have a checkered flag in there.

I don't think their uniforms looks black at all. Clean your TV screen :)

yea the reason it doesnt clash is because i added the shading to the striping as well.

The ball and streaks starting to the right of the P make it look lke an R. I'd move it up to the hole of the P, similar to what they have now. I understand you wanting to switch color schemes, but if the black and silver are supposed to bring in the theme of racing, you shold have a checkered flag in there.

alright so put it in the P HOLE :P

got it.

i just really wanted to say that.

nice change with the blue, id get rid of the silver though, maybe on the tertiary make the silver blue and the blue white. on the primary have an outline of blue instead of silver. just a thought.

or you could work black into the scheme.

I would suspect that the Pacers will always have some form of Blue and Gold in their color scheme...they got the idea from the Indiana state flag.

And, their Navy Blue is the exact same shade that the Cavaliers (trim color), Mavericks, Pistons (secondary logo), Warriors, Grizzlies (sorta), Nets, and Utah (again, sorta).

this is true and i was thinking of that when i was doing it, and i realized that a swooping ball has nothing to do with 76ers. The name '76ers' is supposed to represent the year 1776 and the revolutionists. The 76ers logo is cool and it is one of the best in the league IMO, but i think it should incorporate the revolutionists somehow, but not as drastic as the rejected logos most of us have seen.

Now with the pacers, a swooping ball has everything to do with the name. Pacers represents races like the Indy 500 that the state of Indiana is famous for, and a swooping ball signifies speed and 'pace'. that was my justification of the use swooping ball in the secondary.

Make the striping consistent with all the basketballs. When it's more of a 3/4 angle, like in the P logo, it looks more like it's moving, which goes with you trying to signify "pace" or "speed". The other logos have a head-on view of the ball, and they seem very static compared with the P logo.

Don't know if it would work for the Pacers or not, but it's a good concept. Here's my beef.

-The wings on the primary just look...boring. That's a lot of empty black space. I don't really know what you could fill with it though.

-The P on the secondary just looks too italicized. I also think a different font would look better, one more similar to the P they have now. And I'd also try the "P in the hole" thing. (Haha.)

-Tertiary, there's something missing...but I can't tell what.

Despite all that, overall...I like it.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived