Hall of fame or not?

stimpy

Ok here it is Tell whether these players should be in the hall of fame or not.

Mark Mcgwire- He doesn't have the single season home run record, still good enough?

peter forsberg-Might play the rest of his career in Sweeden, good enough?

Scotty Pippen-Was he overshadowed or overated by his team?

More to come later.

Mark Mcgwire- He doesn't have the single season home run record, still good enough?

More to come later.

McGwire maybe but the other 2 no. Especially Pippen. He was given the gift of being able to play with the best basketball player ever. Look at him in Portland and his second time in Chicago. He was nothing without #23. Great career stats sure but he owes most of that to MJ.

More to come later.

McGwire - a stretch in my opinion. He probably will get in based on home run total.

Forsberg - Definitely. He has had a good career. He was a great compliment to Sakic.

Pippen - Definitely. I think Jordan would not have been nearly the player that he was without Pippen and of course vice versa. Sure, he couldn't lead a team himself, but you don't need to do that to be a good player.

I saw, I came, I left.

Foresberg should definetly be in the hall, he's been the offense of the Avalanche for the past few years.

Being the teams leading scorer isn't enough to be hall of fame material.

GP G A P

580 216 525 741

Not enough games played in my opinion. There are more deserving people that should get in that aren't. Neely comes to mind.

McGwire maybe?!  He is A LOCK to go into the hall on first ballot, 8th all-time in home runs!  You do not hit almost 600 homers and maybe get elected.

The question was should he not will he. He's too one dimensional. He didn't produce the offensive numbers that Bonds did playing the same style. Where's the OBP? Where's the run production apart from HR's?

McGwire maybe?!  He is A LOCK to go into the hall on first ballot, 8th all-time in home runs!  You do not hit almost 600 homers and maybe get elected.

The question was should he not will he. He's too on dimensional. He didn't produce the offensive numbers that Bonds did playing the same style. Where's the OBP? Where's the run production apart from HR's?

that's it, you've made my list ;)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The question was should he not will he. He's too on dimensional. He didn't produce the offensive numbers that Bonds did playing the same style. Where's the OBP? Where's the run production apart from HR's?

:mad:

McGwire maybe?! He is A LOCK to go into the hall on first ballot, 8th all-time in home runs! You do not hit almost 600 homers and maybe get elected.

I didn't think this thread would make me laugh--oh wait--it is CCSLC--so why not?

I think Forsberg deserves it. I know many anti-Av fans will disagree, but his impact & career deserve it...

I also think Paul Henderson should be there--but that's a whole other debate...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I think Forsberg deserves it. I know many anti-Av fans will disagree, but his impact & career deserve it...

I am a Red Wings fans, so therefore hate the Avs. :D But I totally respect the talent that team has had. Forsberg is one of the biggest reasons that team is so good. Sure his 216 goals seem rather low. But he plays both sides of the puck. THAT is why he deserves to go.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Really, I don't think you can blame McGwire for the fact he doesn't have Bonds-like numbers. Nobody does, but McGwire is the classic slugger in the old-time mode. He'll be in. As far as Pippen, I think he should be in too.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Don't forget that McGwire won a WS ring being an important member in the A's.

Pippen is a sure member of the Hall of Fame. Where is the discussion about Pippen???

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

McGwire definatley deserves in. The home run numbers have been mentioned. He did take the steroids for at least one year, but he had been about 50 since his rookie year (49) anyways, plus the steriods he took were not only illegal but minimal compared to the ones being brought up now, but that's another story.

McGwire's numbers are just good all around. No, he didn't produce as much as Bonds, but people are making the argument that Bonds might be the best ever. You don't have to be the best ever to make the hall.

Anyway, point being, while not the most extradinary player who ever played, McGwire is surely hall of fam worthy.

As for Forsberg...though I'm a big hockey fan and have been for a while, I have to claim ignorance on knowing many of his stats and achievements.

I'd say yes to Pippen. He was a great compliment to Jordan. He wasn't only good because of Jordan. Wasn't he one of the 50 greatest players of all time or whatever they did? You have to figure that's HOF worthy.

As a person, I can't stand McGwire, but he should be in the hall. Watching him play, you always knew that he could open the game up with one swing, and he was a pretty underrated fielder. I think alot of people remember that before he started taking so many "vitamins" :rolleyes: he was hitting about .200 during the middle of his career.

Forsberg is a lock, assuming he plays another 5 years or so at the level he was at.. Like him or not, he is a dominant player. Taking the regular season off and coming back only for the playoffs soured alot of people on him, though.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

As a person, I can't stand McGwire, but he should be in the hall. Watching him play, you always knew that he could open the game up with one swing, and he was a pretty underrated fielder. I think alot of people remember that before he started taking so many "vitamins" :rolleyes: he was hitting about .200 during the middle of his career.

Forsberg is a lock, assuming he plays another 5 years or so at the level he was at.. Like him or not, he is a dominant player. Taking the regular season off and coming back only for the playoffs soured alot of people on him, though.

Before his "Vitamins" he hit 49 home runs as a skinny rookie.

Archived