stockton uniform retirement

barnesdesign

My guess the next retired number will be of my man John Smoltz, so he'll go in that spot or there will be a competely new arrangement.

I suppose it could just as easily be for Maddux considering all the Cy's he won down in Dixie.

True, but Smoltz has been with the team for so long. He started the year before they got good and has been perfection as both a starting pitcher and a closer. I'd retire Smoltz before Maddux just because of tenure with the team.

this is getting off track and turning in a Braves thread, but allow me this. jhr, could you tell me who 29 is? I know the rest are Cox(6), Chipper Jones(10), Maddux(31), Glavine(47), And Leo Mazzone(54) the pitching coach. It'll be hardest to retire 54, you gotta keep some numbers open. I agree, all those guys' numbers are retirement worthy. They've all been here for so long, Cox(as coach in current tenure)since the 1990, Chipper since 93 and the undeniable leader of the team for the past several years, Maddux was here for 10 years, Glavine was here for 15 years

Mings, 23? Estrada? He's had one season as a starting catcher. He's not retirable yet.

If there were a way to just cover the entire Schuerholz era, cause that's where all these numbers are coming from. I think in time all those numbers(not 23 just yet, give him 10 years of outstandingness) will get what they deserve. But it will take a long time. But who is 29?

To be on topic. The jazz have uniforms. They used the be purple yellow and green and classy, then they looked like a bottle of Dasani, now they look fashion trendy. They should go back to the Stockton era look because that's when they looked the best, by far.

Archived