Which 2012 Olympic candidate

OMMF

Which one of these do you like best?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im for the NYC and the Paris logo. Its too close to call. But NYC deserves the games

I agree that NYC's logo is best. Very creative...

However, how does NYC deserve the games? The credentials are based on feasability of pulling off the games, game venues, transportation issues, sponsor moneys, and recent games in the country, among others. Considering how Atlanta had the 1996 Summer Games and SLC had the Winter Games in 2002, it's too soon for another American Olympics. Both Paris and London are far more deserving based solely on the fact they haven't hosted since everyone in my province got electricity.

But it all comes down to who gives the best presentation or lines the IOC's pockets the most...(I'm talking to you, Salt Lake City. <_< )

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I don't know how you could really pick, none of them really stand out and I'm betting NYC is ahead because it's on our continent.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I'm a big fan of the London logo. It's something that's pretty cool without looking abstract. Of course I've been seen the logo before and it looks even better when compared to the other cities. Madrid's looks like someone just ran over to his computer and through something together on paint.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

also from the NYC one....

It is a alleged rumor that the 2 color boxes are subliminally representative of the Twin Towers (since one is slightly taller than the other)

I guess you can see it like that.

But here's a logo that would prove that theory wrong

2004_04_logospoof-thumb.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

In all honesty, will the IOC give the 2012 Games to NYC?????

The IOC may think that NYC isn't still secure.

The damn Osama Bin Laden is free in someplace in that world.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Great bit of trivia/rumor NewYawkSeahawk! Very interesting.

I'd rank the logos:

1) New York City

2) Paris

3) London

4) Madrid

5) Moscow

As for who will end up hosting the games, I think that they'll go to either Paris or London, with Paris being my early gut instinct as to which city will actually be named host.

That said, sentimentally I'm rooting for either London or New York City.

Archived