FedEx logo

schlim

He actually is a big sports fan, its just hes not a hockey fan so he doesnt really pay attention to the logo, so when he saw was looking at it for a while, he realized it.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever since I one day noticed the FedEx logo, I've always thought it was awesome. The one thing I think would make it better though would be to italicize it. The arrow implies the speed sure, but I think an italized font and arrow would further that, and not lose any "coolness".

fedex.gif

Also, another logo I haven't seen mentioned in THIS thread so far is the BigTen logo. It's great. They got stuck with an awkward number of teams when they took in Penn State, and didn't want to change their traditional name. The Big11Ten logo just looks awesome. I know their is more modifications to the letters in that logo than in others, but still most people's first reaction is just...hmm...a funny shaped T. Then when the 11 hits, it's just cool.

And, perhaps, when combined with it's tradition, the best, at least sports logowise, there is the Hartford Whalers hidden H.

logo.gif

The United Airlines logo always got me when I was a kid.

For the United I see the U in the Blue part. Am I to see anything within the red?

Take out the white line in the middle of the blue and red and you'll understand the logo. It's like a thin piece of cloth folded over with it being red on the outside and blue on the inside.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Ever since I one day noticed the FedEx logo, I've always thought it was awesome. The one thing I think would make it better though would be to italicize it. The arrow implies the speed sure, but I think an italized font and arrow would further that, and not lose any "coolness".

fedex.gif

Also, another logo I haven't seen mentioned in THIS thread so far is the BigTen logo. It's great. They got stuck with an awkward number of teams when they took in Penn State, and didn't want to change their traditional name. The Big11Ten logo just looks awesome. I know their is more modifications to the letters in that logo than in others, but still most people's first reaction is just...hmm...a funny shaped T. Then when the 11 hits, it's just cool.

And, perhaps, when combined with it's tradition, the best, at least sports logowise, there is the Hartford Whalers hidden H.

The italics looks better and actually makes the arrow and more visible.

logo.gif

For the United I see the U in the Blue part. Am I to see anything within the red?

Take out the white line in the middle of the blue and red and you'll understand the logo. It's like a thin piece of cloth folded over with it being red on the outside and blue on the inside.

I just think that the blue is a U, and the red is an A with the top split- if the white line stopped just before it reached the top and was red instead, it is more clearly visible.

logo.gif

I just think that the blue is a U, and the red is an A with the top split- if the white line stopped just before it reached the top and was red instead, it is more clearly visible.

Ha ha, not quite.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Unless there is something more to the logo than it just being a U, I don't care for the United logo.

You can see the whole thing as a U, or a few different Us, but it looks like there should be more to it than there is, and that just bothers me.

I'm hoping maybe someone will point out something I'm missing.

Unless there is something more to the logo than it just being a U, I don't care for the United logo.

You can see the whole thing as a U, or a few different Us, but it looks like there should be more to it than there is, and that just bothers me.

What are you talking about? It's a classic logo. I contains 4 U's.

Retired Number's To Come

What are you talking about? It's a classic logo. I contains 4 U's.

Which would be awesome if their name was United United United United. Turns out though, it's just United.

I dunno...it's by no means a horrible logo, but I don't think it compares to many mentioned in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
speaking of which, what about the Chevy logo.  im trying to figure out that one.

i know its a bowtie, but whats the connection to driving a corvette coupe?  bowtie.gif

It's only called a 'bow tie' cos that's what it look like. (Kind of.)

GM founder William Durant saw the design on some wallpaper at a hotel he was staying at and liked it so much he used it as the logo for the new company he was starting with Louis Chevrolet.

Now let me Google this so you all don't think I'm out of my mind... aha!

http://info.detnews.com/joyrides/story/index.cfm?id=145

The old Northwest Airlines logo is a good one. It's an N and a W. I say old, but it is still used a bit. They changed to just the triangle in the circle now for whatever reason.

Web page with logo

Actually I think the circle with the arrow for Northwest Airlines is pretty good. It.s a compass needle pointing to the "northwest". Nice and clean look.

Also, and this is not from my knowledge base but 'Finding Forrester', I like that BMWs logo is the spinning prop of a airplane........cause thats how they started.

spinning prop? i guess you could see it but from what i can see,

bmw-logo.jpg

actually looks a bit more like it was taken from the Bavarian Flag

de-by7a.gif

since the name of the company is Bayerische Motoren Werke (Bavarian Motor Works)

The colors are taken from the colors of Bavaria. The four quarters alternately blue and white are supposed to represent spinning propellor blades.

STOP! YOU'RE BOTH RIGHT!! :D

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I work at Stoughton Trailers and were making a bunch of trailers for FedEx, and Ironically I've seen about 700 of there trailers in the last 2 months and never noticed the arrow between the E and X. lol I guess I must be working to hard to notice.

• 2 weeks later...

a side note to this. is I used to work for the corporate head quarters for Airborne Expres, prior to their DHL buyout and layoff. I asked why Airborne used the red Air and Ex in their logo and it was to look like FedEx was the answer I got from the graphic designer that created the logo.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
logo.gif

Ok, I will play. I say it is two thin U's which are blue on the left (inside) and red on the outside. These two U's are overlapped, or "united"

LT

• 4 weeks later...

I just ran across another innovative logo that is more that what you first see. Infoworld's logo is just 3 simple shapes but not only does it contain an "i" but all three shapes are a person reading a paper. The negative space is the paper as well a the bottom of the "i". Wow, how do people think of these things?

logo_iw_main2.gif

LT

Archived