Fanhome?

Brass

What happened? Did Fanhome shut down? I type in www.fanhome.com in my address box and it says, Page not Found? Just wondering because they had good rumors boards.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Fanhome is the message board that CC's site used to use. Now its like the minor leagues of sports logos message boards.

It was the first sports logo site I stumbled upon. Then I found CC's site. Never looked back. ^_^

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

fanhome is full of tools who like retro too much and have no taste.

its becoming the universally ranked crotch of the internet

Retro is not all bad, Mr. Sharky.

But Fanhome/Insiders/Scout... whatever the hell they are are most certanly developing crotchrot......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Fanhome is the message board that CC's site used to use. Now its like the minor leagues of sports logos message boards.

It was the first sports logo site I stumbled upon. Then I found CC's site. Never looked back. ^_^

same here

Amen to that. It happened to me also. It's not even the minor leagues it's Tee Ball.

The story with fanhome was as follows...

It's Spring 2002...

We had a bad message board, you would get a thousand or so pop-ups all the time.

I was a regular member of another group of boards at the time, known as SportsBoards (hockeyboards.com, hoopsboards.com, etc.)... they became FanHome and as a user I transferred over with them, I had something like 1500 posts on there.

One day I got an email from the head of FanHome asking if I wanted to move the logos message board there... being just a little member I was honoured to be asked, so I took it without even thinking about it.

The problem with relocating to fanhome was suddenly we went from maybe 90 members on this small sports logos board, only one forum at the time - no seperation like there is today, to fanhome with something like 50,000 members. Not only was the sudden increase in membership a problem but so was the fact that I had NO control over the punishment of problem members.

If someone on the board was being a constant jerk I would have to go to the FanHome brass and pretty much beg them to ban the member, and everytime I was denied, I think I lobbied to ban about ten members, zero were banned... conversely they would ban loyal logos board members because they were problems elsewhere on the site, it was annoying.

During this time the first fantasy league was created, the Fanhome Fantasy Football League which was later changed to the Continental Football Association after the following happened....

I was presented an opportunity to run my own board once again by Yzerfan in November 2002, we set up at detroithockey.net and things were just great! From there it was pretty much no looking back as we eventually added seperate forums, it started with "General Discussion" and grew out from there!

In February 2004 I was generously donated sportslogos.net from Yzerfan once again and we relaunched the board on the new URL with a whole new database and board system. In July 2004 I moved the logos site to sportslogos.net (from chriscreamer.com) and in October 2004 ChrisCreamer.com was turned into a portfolio site for myself.

There, for the first time ever is the story of the FanHome move... turned the board from it's darkest moment to it's brightest just like that! A big thanks to Yzerfan for the space, and a thanks to the many loyal members who went through all the moves in the beginning (I think we did four boards from 2000-2002) and those who have stuck around to this date.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think I've been here through 3 msg board changes and all I can say is that change has definitely been good to the CCSLC over the years.

Remeber the HeHateMe guy? He had some craaazy concepts... whatever happened to him anyway? ^_^

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived