Contest Anyone?

Snowcap30

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh suddenly GMS thinks he's the leader of this little thing? I came up with the idea... I want to be the leader. :P Just kidding. Sound familliar though?

I'm totally in for a jersey contest. This would be NHL, right?

I'm already worked on a few things early in the NHL alphabet (my Anaheim and Boston stuff), and would find a contest very enticing.

Especially if there was a prize.

Mmmmm.... prize.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The one thing though, is we have to have all logos of the one team available to everybody.  If we were to have one say, right now, theSLE.com is down, which is the primary source for most logos used in jerseys posted.

What could be done is the site that hosts it hosts those few logos during that contest as well, plus the correct jersey template.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Nah nah nah........Listen here kiddies, i believe the only contest that should be done is a VCL contest. This is a logo board after all, and while jerseys are cool, logos are better.

The last VCL tournament we had ended badly (mainly because i was coming up with the dumbest ideas ever heard of...)

But a revival of this forgotten little contest would be great

(BTW, for those who don't know, VCL = Viewer Created Logo)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think JQK has a point, so instead of everybody using the official team logo, people can create their own logo if they want to. However, you don't have to, and actually creating a brand new logo is at your own risk, 'cause if people don't like your logo, they won't vote for your jersey, where as if people don't like the real logo the team uses, they may still vote for jerseys that use that logo because it is the default.

In other words... create your own logos if you want, but do so at your own risk. People might not vote for you because of a bad self-created logo, but you'll never lose votes by using the generic brand.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I say we get this thing on the road, starting with the Anaiheim Mighty Ducks. Since no one else wants to take the reigns (if anyone does say so I would love to help whoever it is.). :D  We've already seen some ideas with this team in other posts. Lets see what you can come up with, home, road, alternate, or all 3. Feel free to use which ever logo you like, or make your own. Then in, say 3-4 days, or whenever concepts stop coming in we'll have a poll. Is anyone actually working on a website to host this contest? If so speak up so we know, and if there are no objections i'll be the first to show my...

Mighty Ducks Home/Alternate Creation (copy& paste or click&drag, then it will show up)

mightyducks.gif

Archived