Contest Anyone?

Snowcap30

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOOD NEWS!  Most of the site is up and running right now so I'm going to launch this and fix things as we go along.  it's at http://www.detroithockey.net/nhljerseycontest/ and the first topic is home jerseys for the Mighty Ducks of Anahiem.  Right now the voting stuff isn't working but that doesn't need to work for another few days.  It's set up so that we'll move on to another topic when this one ends, and then we can vote on the current topic while the next topic is open for submissions.  I was going to put a limit of one submission per person in but I know some people have multiple radically different ideas they want to try.  Also, I'm requiring that everything be hosted on the contest site to keep it more anonymous.

After registering you need to log in and go to "Submit Design" where you can choose your file and add any comments about it.  No one will be able to see it until it's time to vote on it, but I'm planning on adding features that let you view what you've submitted.  I'm just trying to get everything working as fast as I can before going too in-depth.

Actually, today is the last day.  One more hour left.

I just finished the voting scripts and can't test them because I built in too much security so we have to wait until voting officially starts to see if I screwed up.  Shouldn't be a problem since I used scripts I've used before but I'm not sure.

I'll be able to fix it early tomorrow if there is a problem.  Results won't be seen until voting closes.

aw skunt! I really wanted to submit an Anaheim design too. I just havent had the time to get the idea I have on PSP7. I even went as far as to go to outdoors stores and even the pond at the local JC to get some ideas as to how to make a decent looking duck!

I've done a little testing this morning and it looks like voting is working.

I'd just like to let everyone know that after we're through with the various Anahiem jerseys, there will be more time given for each topic.  I'd shortened the time period for the Ducks because so many people were already coming up with stuff and posting it on the boards. I apologize to those who didn't get to submit an Anahiem home jersey.

There are a couple things to be decided on I think, and I want to know all of your opinions.  #1 - Do we want to specify "home" jerseys as either light or dark or do we want to let the designer do whatever they want?  #2 - Should their be a limit on how many designs a person can submit?  I'm of the opinion that if you should at least be able to pick the best one of your own designs, but I understand that sometimes that's not easy and was thinking of capping the number of submissions at 5 per person per topic.

Archived