My Riders secondary concept

GMac

K here we go told you I was working on something special and here it is... with help from my good buddy puckguy donating me some webspace as Im having server issues with my host... I give you my secondary for the riders... I have incorperated a few elements here... the old style wheat from the backward S days... the modern wheat from today, and the font from there "official wordmark... while some may argue the Double R is an Ottawa Rough Rider concept to them I say... "Yeah where are those Riders now"...lol oh yeah and I kept the black to a minimum...

ps Creamer its a belt buckle... (stupid city kid...lol :D )

C & C always appreciated...

riders.gif

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I've always adored Saskatchewan's colours, and you highlight their magnificence effectively. (Translation: Siiiiiiiick logo, man!)...The double R brings back memories, thanks a lot.

Not to nit-pick or anything, but I find that the wheat on the sides doesn't fit the curves of the buckle's outline. Perhaps it was done on purpose, perhaps not.

Bottom line: I'd definately sport that belt-buckle anyday.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

What? No flames? :P

I KEEEEEEEEL YIEUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....lol ya ya shaddap... I tried a giant R and an SR didnt look as good as the RR....

thanks guys... ill look into that wheat thing eddie,... i just kinda tooled till i liked it but ill try your idea out and see... anyone else

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

My only comment is that as they spell "roughriders" as one word-"RR" seems odd, "SR" would make more sense to me--but it is an improvement from ehat they have.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I KEEEEEEEEL YIEUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

get in line....

that is, if there is anything left from when Im finished...... :evil:

Keep this up and I'm inviting Retromanic back in here so you have someone else to bait.

BTW, Why is there a lasso around it? :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

let the exterminator do his job mr creamer

that being of eliminating this fine community of wretched vermin. in this case, bait must be employed because a repellant barrier doesnt seem to be available here.

I am doing my job.

Until we get an ignore feature I suggest ignoring his posts manually.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

What? No flames?  :P

I KEEEEEEEEL YIEUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....lol ya ya shaddap... I tried a giant R and an SR didnt look as good as the RR....

thanks guys... ill look into that wheat thing eddie,... i just kinda tooled till i liked it but ill try your idea out and see... anyone else

I would have preferred a giant 'R' only because they are the Roughriders NOT Rough Riders like Stampman suggested.

I saw, I came, I left.

Make it an "S" and darken the green from Kelly to a deep Emerald, and you have a winner.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

anyone else...  :D.... and im not messing with the Riders colours Craven... sorry...

though i do have SR and R versions of this now

That would be too close to the Eskimos...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Ok this thing looks like a Giant Colostomy Bag.............no wait, sorry that was GMac that looks like that. Uh........well geeeez......uh.............looks fine if you like CFL teams. ^_^

Seriously, this is very nice and a good Alt logo for the current scheme they have. I always liked the 'Riders identity. Gotta love the Kelly Green, just don't do the all black crap.

it really should be SR. as a few people have pointed out they're the Saskatchewan Roughriders, not the Rough Riders. (the abbreviation is actually 'Riders, with an apostrophe.)

here's an idea: get rid of the swirls in the background, and change the the wheat on the outside to make the whole thing resemble a CFL football (maybe change them to white with a green outline).

Archived