Thanksgiving Throwbacks

SmoothieX

I got the game on right now. The Lions throwbacks are the best uniforms NFL ever! I've said it every year since 1994. The Colts look too much like their normal unis to make much of an impact.

I absolutely hate Thanskgiving, reminds me of the fact that all my friends seem to die around Thanksgiving weekend, and I've been working on a term paper since 5:45 this morning. And its the first year I haven't been to the parade since 1996. And I don't even like the taste of turkey!! But, Alice's Restaurant came on at 12, then the Lions throwbacks at 12:30, so I guess its not that bad.

Back to my term paper on biological phosphorus treatment, back at 4 to comment on the OSHA compliant Bears and the Cowboys...can't wait to see if the Tuna's boys really go old school!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just one more reason to love Thanksgiving, THROWBACKS! Even though I'm not a fan of any of the teams playing today, I still wear my Patriots throwback jersey (and this year, I have to pick from either my Tedy Bruschi, Gino Cappelletti, or Steve Grogan throwbacks) while my parents say "Brian, it's Thanksgiving, wear something nicer". Well, I don't know what's nicer than my $125 Steve Grogan Patriots throwback jersey : )

btw, where can I get one the Bears throwbacks?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GUYS!

did the lions really wear black facemasks back in 1958 or whenever the throwbacks are from?

The throwbacks are from the leather helmet era, so they just wear the regular helmet without decals.

VmWIn6B.png

Watching the beginning of the Cowboys-Bears game (on a break from hanging Christmas lights), made me think (uh-oh)...why don't the Cowboys go to White helmets full-time? They could also just make their colors Navy Blue and Metallic Silver Blue (we've gone over this before), and use White pants, with some alternate Navy Blue pants to wear with the White jerseys. Just use the Metallic Silver Blue as a trim color. They wouldn't have to worry about all of the crappy, mismatched Metallics anymore. Here's my take on the helmet:

DallasCowboys_Proposed05.jpg

The facemask is supposed to be Silver Blue, but I could go Navy as well.

The Cowboys-Bears game just started and the Boys look great with those real classics, not like the atrocities they have worn over the last years. The white helmet and pants just look dandy. The bears look like Browns/Dolphins Knockoffs.

Watching the beginning of the Cowboys-Bears game (on a break from hanging Christmas lights), made me think (uh-oh)...why don't the Cowboys go to White helmets full-time?

I was thinking the same thing. But I gues is that the white helmet looks similar to the desperados helmet. But hey Jerry Jones can change the Desperados helmet to another color.

these cowboys uniforms are out-freaking-standing.  I love the clean lines and simplicity of the scheme.  Nothing obtrusive or out of place.  I would really like to see these as regular season unis.

Agreed, the Cowboys can't miss when it comes to alternates, but their current unis, with the 15 shades of gray are ...confusing

But, I'd rather see this for one game than a whole season, it would be weird to see those for a whole year.

I really like the Lions.... the Bears look great in the orange.. the 'boys look terriffic is all white and navy...

but my favorite throwback is the Eagles.. witht he huge grey stripe over the helmets.. thats my fav.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Those Colts throwbacks are quite nice actually.

My reaction to the Lions throwback's is still the same as last year. I've seen day old dishwater more exciting than those uniforms.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived