Indiana Pacers Throwbacks

TruColor

I don't know how many of you saw these last night, but the Pacers broke out their road uniforms from the mid-to-late-80s. And as usual, they screwed them up:

jones_170_041125.jpg

There's supposed to be a small White trim stripe on the underside of the waistband, and again on the tops of the trim on the bottom of the shorts.

Makes me nuts.

Do you understand the concept of this site?

Yes, yes I do.

I said that I could understand if it was a wrong font or a logo missing, but he's being anal about two white stripes.

I sympathize with him, though. Sometimes inaccurate throwbacks tick me off, but not if it's just a couple of thin stripes missing.

philliescreamersig2copy.png

I give up with these so called "Herdwood Classics" Nights. They can get the whole uni's right, they only get the essence of it and it's not enough. A word to the NBA let Mitchell & Ness design those jersey in collaboration with Reebok. That way we get true classics.

Once Mitchell & Ness gets their hands on any design, the price of the jerseys will go up to $300 each. Expect the players to get mugged on the court just to a fan can get his hands on the M&N "collectible".

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

...oh, and I'm going to continue to be anal as long as these clowns continue to be completely lazy and sloppy.

Good for you. We all expect you to be! I know I sure would be if i knew the difference!

I really love seeing the throwbacks, and can't wait for more to hit the courts and fields.

Thanks for pointing out the little inacuracies. Teams SHOULD have someone who knows better around to help. I guess thats what we are here for.

So, to recap,

Hooray for throwbacks! They are awesome!

and

Hooray for Pantone! Thanks for catching their error!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Umm, ever notice that all throwback uniforms aren't TOTALLY throwback uniforms?

The Lions would wear sleeves between the wrists and elbows if those were going to be TRUE throwbacks.

Being picky is good. Being excessively picky makes people wonder why you're making a fuss.

It could be worse. At least it was just a minor thing, missing two small stripes. It's not like it was an extremely glaring error in design. That's not to excuse Reebok for not being 100% accurate, but at least they didn't try to mix eras with one design, like it seems they're doing with football.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You know, If you were going to argue against the throwback's authenticity, why not say that they should have to ware short shorts along with the throwback jersey's. I think the shorts are a bigger authenticity issuse then the stripes.

You know, If you were going to argue against the throwback's authenticity, why not say that they should have to ware short shorts along with the throwback jersey's. I think the shorts are a bigger authenticity issuse then the stripes.

I dunno about you, but I really could live without seeing Reggie Miller's crotch wedgie.

Thank God for long shorts.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived