Indiana Pacers Throwbacks

TruColor

...oh, and I'm going to continue to be anal as long as these clowns continue to be completely lazy and sloppy.

I don't think it's being anal at all. If they bill a uniform as a replica of an older model, then it should be exact and we have a right to point out if it is not. As for the comments about a throwback not being authentic if it isn't cut the same (short shorts for NBA, long sleeves for NFL) I guess that is a valid point, but I think it is OK because if the uniforms had never changed from the time of the original, the cuts would still have evolved the same way, and this gives us a chance to see if a design that we all loved "back in the day" would indeed be "timeless" and look good in today's era. I love throwbacks as much as the next guy, but in my opinion we are better off with the uniform designs we have now, as they are much more practical for this era then the old designs were. Bring them back for a special night if you must, but overall we are better off with many (not all) of the more modern designs.

My 2 cents.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I dunno about you, but I really could live without seeing Reggie Miller's crotch wedgie.

Thank God for long shorts

Oh don't get me wrong, I am all for making sure male crotch wedgee's do not happen, but I was just trying to argue the other side.

Archived