Sign in to follow this  
DEAD!

Sonics in Yellow

It had to happen

capt.watw10611270626.nets_supersonics_watw106.jpg

capt.watw10811270628.nets_supersonics_watw108.jpg

EDIT: Here's what I don't get. Why do teams, that play against these teams wearing a yelllow alternate, wear white? The Pacers, Hawks, Hornets and now the Sonics wear a yellow alternate, but the teams playing them wear white. At the same time the Lakers wear yellow and the opposing team always wear their regular road jerseys.

not bad but the yellow is to bright (pale) in comparission to the dark green they use. i would like to see those jersey in the colors they used before (dark green/dark red/ white/ Gold)

Good idea, bad execution. The white with the yellow makes it look, well, bad. The white striping with green border should be reversed.

Good idea, bad execution. The white with the yellow makes it look, well, bad. The white striping with green border should be reversed.

Exactly what I was going to say.

i hate their normal uniforms, but like these. but yeah, why does every team playing against a yellow-clad team not named the Lakers wear white? that's sort of dumb. if you feel your darks are good enough to wear against Laker gold, wear em against Sonics gold...otherwise take your whites to LA.

i like these. I like the Uni's now, and the alts ain't bad.

If I had to venture a guess as to why teams wear white against yellow when the Lakers aren't the yellow team, I'd say it's because all of the other yellow jerseys are listed as "Second Road Uniforms" where as the Lakers' yellow is listed as a "Home Uniform."

Most likely, the Sonics requested that the other team wear white. It works the same as when the NHL teams wore alternate jerseys

To me, the yellow (or gold) uniforms should be used as home unis. I say that because my hometown high school did that in the 1970s, and man, did they ever look sharp. Gold with royal blue and white trim for home uniforms; royal blue with gold and white trim for away uniforms. I loved 'em.

Unfortunately, my hometown got so small (only 24 kids in high school this year) that it had to co-op with the arch-rival down the road. Together, they went to red and black as colors. Yuck.

They look like something the Australian mens team would have worn 10 years ago. :blink: