vikings field

buffalo soldier

It might have been the fact I forwarded the link to every thread we've had complaining about the weak-ass field graphics to the team and someone in charge finally read them. Look for the end zones to be painted yellow/gold any week now...

We CAN make a difference!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Because they didn't have to switch back and forth with the M for Gopher games. I guess they didn't want to have to re-do the complex logo every week, therefore just went with the V. I think this will become the norm...

Moose

I think this is right and has been the case for at least a couple of years. When the U of M is done, they put the logo at midfield. Last year they did it after the U of M was done, I know (the "V" may not have been there--midfield may have been blank).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I noticed yesterday that the field looked faded. It almost looked as if it had been snowed on. The Viking at the 50 did make it look better than usual.

That's what happens when you paint on field turf. You can always easily tell what's painted and what's actually different colored turf. The paint never gets "bright" enough to match the lines that exist.

Also, if anyone noticed, there were two green stripes running the length of the field on either side, about five yards from the sideline. That's because the Prep Bowl was played there on Friday, and the 9-Man game has a narower field. For the Prep Bowl, the lines were yellow, and were re-painted green by Sunday for the Vikes...

Moose

In the Metrodome they have a different type of field turf than Atlanta and Boston College b/c in Ga we had the State Playoffs at the Georiga Dome and they painted the High School Playoffs logo at midfield and it looked fine.

ALSO the Saints are painted on and it looks fine (remember since they dont own the stadium they cant paint on it because of the orange bowl)

Also the Metrodome is also used for baseball so everything is painted on (even the yards markers)

Also, if anyone noticed, there were two green stripes running the length of the field on either side, about five yards from the sideline. That's because the Prep Bowl was played there on Friday, and the 9-Man game has a narower field. For the Prep Bowl, the lines were yellow, and were re-painted green by Sunday for the Vikes...

Moose

Okay, that makes a lot of sense now, because I thought that was just an enormous seam running the length of the field on both sides and was wondering how they could do that, it seemed dangerous.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

In the Metrodome they have a different type of field turf than Atlanta and Boston College b/c in Ga we had the State Playoffs at the Georiga Dome and they painted the High School Playoffs logo at midfield and it looked fine.

ALSO the Saints are painted on and it looks fine (remember since they dont own the stadium they cant paint on it because of the orange bowl)

Also the Metrodome is also used for baseball so everything is painted on (even the yards markers)

it looks fine when they do it all the same, but when they do both, that's when it looks crapy to me.

I wonder how well that stuff wears off, or do they have to take a paint thinner to it to fully remove it. At carthage they painted the hashes on, and they'd wear as the season went, but never fully left.

Archived