Broncos in Orange

jkrdevil

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it me, or do they only wear the orange alts when it snows on game day on a Sunday night?  Maybe they do it for visibility.  More likely, it's coincidence, but I am sure it is a helpful coincidence ...

Actually this is only the second time ever they have worn them. Last time was against the Colts in '02 in the snow.

...but more importantly, the Broncos have LOST on both occasions. Should they reconsider wearing orange ever again? :therock:

I saw, I came, I left.

To see all the atrocities the Broncos have foisted on us check out this link-

Bronco's unis

Oh...thanks for reminding me of that guy...I know him a little bit, and owe him some stuff...

Anyway - personally, I don't mind those as an alt. Permanent - no. Alt - yes.

Excuse me, I've got go out and shovel that snow that got dumped on us (Denver) yesterday...

I would have thought the blaze orange would have given them an advantage in the snow. Maybe it was to the Raiders advantage to be hard to see so they could sneak around in the endzone unoticed on the winning touchdown.

I like the orange as an alternate, but I'm personally glad they don't wear it every week.

Either way, that was one entertaining football game. :notworthy:

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I wish some people would get their head out of their own rear ends and realize that a weekend a year when folks wear alternates or throwbacks are exceptionally popular, very neat, and are fun. Everything doesn't have to be new allt he time no matter what. The jerseys teams wore when you were a kid, no matter when that was, always hold a special place in a fan's heart. Seeing them on the field again is a warm feeling, a rememberance of when you became a fan,a nd will always be awesome. I look forward to throwback each year, and am glad this will never discontinue.

If you dont like the occational throwback, you are either too young to have remembered an older jersey, or you are an insufferable jerk who is too stupid to see the way clear to opening your mind to anyhting fun or interesting and should die a gonoreah death.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I wish some people would get their head out of their own rear ends and realize that a weekend a year when folks wear alternates or throwbacks are exceptionally popular, very neat, and are fun. Everything doesn't have to be new allt he time no matter what. The jerseys teams wore when you were a kid, no matter when that was, always hold a special place in a fan's heart. Seeing them on the field again is a warm feeling, a rememberance of when you became a fan,a nd will always be awesome. I look forward to throwback each year, and am glad this will never discontinue.

If you dont like the occational throwback, you are either too young to have remembered an older jersey, or you are an insufferable jerk who is too stupid to see the way clear to opening your mind to anyhting fun or interesting and should die a gonoreah death.

Amen. I've never seen half the throwbacks that teams wear, but I just like seeing teams going out and wearing some different once a week. And it's the same way with Alternates. I just think it's a neat thing to see the Broncos in orange again (although different jersey style, but you get the point), and it was great seeing them wear their jerseys from the Orange Crush days against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving a few years back. For throwbacks, in my opinion, seeing the players on the field in them is far better for me to see the evolution of a teams jerseys, and jerseys in general, than looking at a poor quality picture on the internet.

And on the topic of the Broncos orange alternates -- can somebody please explain to me how so many people can complain about dark blue (and red) taking over professional sports identities, but then say the Broncos shouldn't ditch the dark blue as their primary color on their home jerseys in turn for a more unique color in orange?

IUe6Hvh.png

Well said Payno. Especially the bottom part.

Excuse me, I've got go out and shovel that snow that got dumped on us (Denver) yesterday...

I feel for ya, in due time it's gonna be that time here, where I gotta get out the ol' shovel and clear the sidewalk, behind the garage and in the back. I don't envy ya at the moment, though I do feel for ya ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

And on the topic of the Broncos orange alternates -- can somebody please explain to me how so many people can complain about dark blue (and red) taking over professional sports identities, but then say the Broncos shouldn't ditch the dark blue as their primary color on their home jerseys in turn for a more unique color in orange?

No problem with throwbacks in general--and I ain't complaining about too much blue & red, but I still maintain my right to believe the Bronco's orange unis are awful...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I love the orange jerseys!!! I know Bronco fans hate them because they've lost in the alternates, but I simply love them.

I would love to see the Broncos where the orange more. We could then put a restraining order on the Browns to never, ever wear orange again, as the Broncs have it covered.

The orange has such a tie-in to the Bronco's history. We never would have had the "Orange Crush" defense if they wore, well, navy. IMO, navy best goes with orange better than any other color, with maroon being a close second.

As for the "orange jersey/navy pants-and-the-swoosh" problem, it's easily solved:

Broncos Concept

I would be happy if the Broncos never wore the navy again, except as the alternate.

Here, kids, is the one reason the Broncos will never wear orange again:

Broncos in orange = 4 Super Bowl losses

Broncos in navy = Back-to-back Super Bowl wins

The die has been cast. Deal with it.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived