Willingham Fired

CaolinaJoe

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point wasn't referring directly to calculus, it was to prove a point -- I didn't say the 'downfall of all programs is calculus' -- my point was that Notre Dame expects to have high academic standards, and a winning football program -- it's going to be very tough finding top football players who are even qualified to attend Notre Dame. And if there's a top football player who expects to go pro, some day and isn't just using football to get a scholarship at a good college -- do you think they'll choose the school with the extremely high academic standards?

I know you weren't directly referring to Calculus, I was only kidding about it. (I thought that smiley was a dead give away) Besides, I think a player can make good use of calculus on the playing field. Take it from someone who took Calculus in university more than once. ^_^

But I agree with you about finding a good player that also has to perform well academically. It just doesn't apply to today's system and with the money involved in the NCAA, I don't think it will ever change. I think the NCAA should implement tougher punishments for players who cannot make these academic requirements. (like that will happen)

I saw, I came, I left.

i was shocked. i mean, even that hack Davie got his 5 years and he couldn't coach a team out of a cardboard box. if Holtz wasn't retiring, I'd suggest he come back to South Bend.

i'd be all for harsher punishment for guys who blow off the student part of student athlete...wait, that's most of em. the NCAA would never go for it for obvious reasons.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The NBA & NFL need to start a farm system for kids out of HS and stop using the NCAA for that purpose, especially the NFL.

the NBA seems to be taking steps towards that. The NFL never will, even though it would be in their best interests. Instead of having, say, John Navarre running the scout team offense and then get thrown out there cold turkey, there could be a farm team in Tucson, Albuquerque or somewhere where he could be playing and learn the system piece by piece instead of having it all thrown at him at once.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Do you really think he would do good with the 49ers he is a College Coach? Can he do good in the NFL? Im not sure, I think the 49ers will be better off going after someone familur with the NFL like a Jim Fassel or maybe a good assitant looking for his first NFL Head Coaching Job.

I know as a Dolphin fan I want them to hire Charlie Weiss the Pats Offensive Coridinatior.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Did you hear bob Davies on ESPN today, he was speakin of the possibilities of the Utah coach coming to Notre Dame, whom he is friends with, and he was being asked what advice to give, I forget the advice, but I remember him saying something on the lines that he would hafta follow 3 great coaches, Holtz, Bob Davies, and Ty Willingham. He referred to himself as a great coach. :wow: He is an ESPN analyst, if he is so great why isnt he out there?

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

college is a joke period, theres no real education. its either communist brainwashing or prepping for nba/nfl. since a minority gets preference over whites with affirmative action, i skipped college. I didn't want to be brainwashed in the wonderful teachings of Karl Marx.

ive met people who never step foot in a college and be more educated than someone that went to Harvard or Yale. I've met people that have went to college and be illiterate and uneducated as hell.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

i didnt think Coach Willingham was a good fit for the Irish to begin with. I said this 3 years ago when they tabbed him to be coach and ESPN finally listened to me. You cant take a group of sophomore and juniors who have been playing a running option attack and just throw them into a West Coast type offense. Notre Dame unfortunatley for me is they've basically only been consistent in beating the Naval Academy. And yeah, I also feel that Notre Dame gets bowl games because there Notre Dame. Alot of the Irish alumni are well off financially, they support the program and everywhere ND goes 20,000 of there fans show up. I witnessed that at Giants Stadium this year. when 20,000+ ND fans show up they spend money so its good business to invite the Irish to bowl games.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

college is a joke period, theres no real education. its either communist brainwashing or prepping for nba/nfl. since a minority gets preference over whites with affirmative action, i skipped college. I didn't want to be brainwashed in the wonderful teachings of Karl Marx.

ive met people who never step foot in a college and be more educated than someone that went to Harvard or Yale. I've met people that have went to college and be illiterate and uneducated as hell.

It just all depends on what you choose as a career path. College IS NOT for everyone, but it's also not a complete joke. There are careers out there that don't necessiate a college degree and you can make a good living out of it. Also, if you have the right connections, then you might want to skip college. College should only be perceived as an option and not a necessity.

There is a perception that colleges are just a place for smug artsie liberals. While I think there are plenty of courses that suggest that there are, there are also plenty of courses in religion, business etc that don't fit the liberal mode and some might argue that there is brainwashing involved there as well.

To say someone's is more educated than another person only depends on the subject matter. For example, someone like President Bush, who went to Yale, probably knows very little about electric circuit theory.

I saw, I came, I left.

I remember him saying something on the lines that he would hafta follow 3 great coaches, Holtz, Bob Davies, and Ty Willingham. He referred to himself as a great coach. :wow: He is an ESPN analyst, if he is so great why isnt he out there?

if somebody told me to my face that Bob Davie was even an average coach, let alone great, i'd laugh em right outta the room :P

Lou Holtz=great coach.

Bob Davie=pompous hack

Ty Willingham=ran out of time

2016cubscreamsig.png

I remember him saying something on the lines that he would hafta follow 3 great coaches, Holtz, Bob Davies, and Ty Willingham. He referred to himself as a great coach.  :wow:  He is an ESPN analyst, if he is so great why isnt he out there?

if somebody told me to my face that Bob Davie was even an average coach, let alone great, i'd laugh em right outta the room :P

Lou Holtz=great coach.

Bob Davie=pompous hack

Ty Willingham=ran out of time

Ty Willingham=not given enough time

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Like I mentioned in another post, Ty Willingham got screwed by The Man because of his color. Even the Black Coaches Association has said it. Notre Dame played the race card.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

i agree that willingham did not get enough time. nd has young talent (namely quinn and walker) and imo is on the rise. however, he couldnt beat their rivals. i was watchin the press conference on espn 2 and it showed some stats (i cant realy remember) that the irish lost by at least 30 (i think) points to usc over the past 3 years. and that willingham has the worst record against und's rivals among the past 3 or 4 coaches. and, if you dont beat your rivals, the alumni get pissed, they complain to the ad, and you are fired. im not justifying his firing, but thats how the alumni did. i just hope now that urban meyer gets hired. he's been amazing at utah and my hs team runs a similar offense to what he runs. should be interesting to watch, for me anyway. GO IRISH!

Like I mentioned in another post, Ty Willingham got screwed by The Man because of his color. Even the Black Coaches Association has said it. Notre Dame played the race card.

*slaps head* Why would they even hire the guy if they were racist??? <_<

Anyways, I agree, they didn't even give the guy enough time to get one of his recruiting classes all the way through. I would've given him one more year.

its quotes like that, that shows the ignorance of some people. there is a major problem in the world today. And that problem is that everyone feels they should be handed something just because of the color of there skin. that my friend is wrong. Willingham despite going 6-5 was not meeting the high demands of the University of Notre Dame and the Alumni. 6-5 does not get you into the BCS and barely gets you a bowl game. Notre Dame should not go to furniture bowls. or .com bowls. and this is what i think the AD and alumni was concerned about. winning. not the color of the coaches skin, but there ability to produce a winning football team. I'm sick and tired of people saying there arent enough minority coaches in football. I believe that a coach should only be coaching based on his abilities. black, white, yellow, green...it shouldnt matter. I mean if you wanted to get technical...why isnt there enough white coaches or players at the prodominitley black colleges? I mean in the last 20 years how many white coaches were at Grambling? how many QBs? 1??? I think we need to quit with the racial standards in sports and worry more about a coaches skills and a players abilites. I know someones gonna call me a racist out there but, thats my 2 cents.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

And now, check this out. Steve Marriucci, the Lions coach, has said thanks...but no thanks to Notre Dame's offer.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Ahh yes now Notre Dame in a desperate bid to save face wails away at various coaches all will say no, wtach some one like Rick Venturroi end up being named the next Coach of the Irish.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived