Why Does Everyone?

EagleFan344

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think a Brett Favre led team will be blown out in the Super Bowl, or the rest of the playoffs, even. The regular season is one thing, but the postseason is another.

So let me get this straight. If the Eagles go to the SB, meaning they would be a better team than the Packers, they will get blown out. But if the Packers go they wont? At least admit your an Eagle hater.

I don't think a Brett Favre led team will be blown out in the Super Bowl, or the rest of the playoffs, even.  The regular season is one thing, but the postseason is another.

So let me get this straight. If the Eagles go to the SB, meaning they would be a better team than the Packers, they will get blown out. But if the Packers go they wont? At least admit your an Eagle hater.

Do you understand how football works? Or do you think the most talented team wins every time?

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't think a Brett Favre led team will be blown out in the Super Bowl, or the rest of the playoffs, even.  The regular season is one thing, but the postseason is another.

Do you understand how football works? Or do you think the most talented team wins every time?

The best team doesnt always go but it usually does.

Alright screw this forum (Sports in General). Too many Favre lovers to talk football with. Im gonna let my team do the talking. If the Eagles make the bowl I will be back. If they dont, I wont be in this forum til the Eagles do go to the SB. Later...

O and its too bad we wont be able to see the Eagles beat the Packers for the 4th time in 2 years. GB wont make it past ATL. Favre will probably blow the game on a stupid INT kinda like the Philly game last yr.

GO EAGLES

Alright screw this forum (Sports in General). Too many Favre lovers to talk football with. Im gonna let my team do the talking. If the Eagles make the bowl I will be back. If they dont, I wont be in this forum til the Eagles do go to the SB. Later...

O and its too bad we wont be able to see the Eagles beat the Packers for the 4th time in 2 years. GB wont make it past ATL. Favre will probably blow the game on a stupid INT kinda like the Philly game last yr.

GO EAGLES

What's funny is it's OK for you to be an absolute 100% homer who thinks McNabb and the Eagles walk on water, but no one else can feel the same way about their chosen team.

Guys who thump their chest and yell how great their team is, draw out the same kind of people. Learn to live with it if you are going to be that way. Or just an idea, don't start a thread like this.

You complain about all the Eagle haters, yet you are nothing more than a Favre hater. I would guess, that of your almost 60 posts in this thread, over half have been an attempt to slam Favre. So what he had 17 INT's, 9 came in 3 games. That's 8 in the other 13. McNabb had 8 in 15, not that much different.

Why is it that for the Packers to make the SB it would take a miracle? So the D is suspect. Green, Walker, Driver, and Favre are all healthy and ready to go.

The Eagles have McNabb and Westbrook. Owens-out. Pinston is now your #1 and he's nursing an ankle. You All-Pro CB Sheppard may not play because of a quad. Mike Lewis, another secondary guy is also nursing an ankle.

I appreciate as much as the next guy, supporting your team. But man you gotta be telling yourself deep down inside the team that needs the miracle is Philly. The injuries, the pressure to not choke 4 straight years, the lack of any offensive threat past Westbrook(who isn't really that threatening), and the same feeling the D has had the last 3 years "It's up to us not to lose." Where as, the Packers can just go out and play loose. Because they suck anyway.

Favrve vs. McNabb- Pure athlete, I'll take McNabb. Big Play capability, McNabb. Playoff experience and winning the Big Game, Favre. Weapons on offense, Favre. McNabb

Green vs. Westbrook- Running game, Green. Throwing game, Westbrook. Not too sure about that now that everyone on the D can key on him on passing downs with no other options for McNabb. Seeing as GB's Rush D was better than Philly's, I doubt Westbrook will be able to get the running game going without TO streaking down the sideline. Also those little dumps to the outside won't generate the big plays they did the first time they met GB.Green

Walker vs. Pinkston- Not even a contest. Walker

Driver vs. Mitchell- Again, no contest. Driver

Defense- Eagles

The Eagles are no where near the same team that tore apart the Packers. Regardless of whether or not they play the Packers, they're the ones who should be looking for a miracle.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Current odds in case anyone was interested

2005 Super Bowl XXXIX

Odds To Win

NEW ENGLAND 3 to 1 Odds

INDIANAPOLIS 13 to 2 Odds

PHILADELPHIA 7 to 2 Odds

ST. LOUIS 60 to 1 Odds

GREEN BAY 17 to 1 Odds

DENVER 60 to 1 Odds

ATLANTA 11 to 1 Odds

SEATTLE 35 to 1 Odds

NY JETS 50 to 1 Odds

MINNESOTA 45 to 1 Odds

PITTSBURGH 13 to 5 Odds

SAN DIEGO 15 to 1 Odds

2005 Superbowl Matchups Which two teams will meet in the Superbowl

Superbowl Matchups

Steelers vs Eagles 3 to 1 Odds

Steelers vs Falcons 8 to 1 Odds

Steelers vs Packers 14 to 1 Odds

Steelers vs Seahawks 35 to 1 Odds

Patriots vs Eagles 7 to 2 Odds

Patriots vs Falcons 8 to 1 Odds

Patriots vs Packers 15 to 1 Odds

Patriots vs Seahawks 35 to 1 Odds

Colts vs Eagles 6 to 1 Odds

Colts vs Falcons 20 to 1 Odds

Colts vs Packers 30 to 1 Odds

Colts vs Seahawks 75 to 1 Odds

Chargers vs Eagles 20 to 1 Odds

Chargers vs Falcons 40 to 1 Odds

Chargers vs Packers 50 to 1 Odds

Chargers vs Seahawks 125 to 1 Odds

Field 10 to 1 Odds

semperfi.gif

For the record, I hate brett farve. I hate him so much, if he retired, I'd laugh my ass off. I hate him more than any other team or person in the NFL.

Doesn't mean I'm an idiot and I'll say that he's bad in must win games. Open your eyes past the ugly blinders of black on midnight green for once and see some things. You've got some kind of non-sexual crush on the Eagles. You can't see their faults, you can't see others strengths.

Do I think the Eagles beat the packers? Yeap. I think the Eagles are a better team. But there's one thing you don't do. As Bill Simmons said: Don't bet heavily against Brett Favre under any circumstances. He can hurt you in any situation. I've yet to see that kind of heart and determination from Donovan McNabb or anyone else for that matter. No other player carries that kind of weight. If you're betting against a Farve-lead packers team, it better not bef for much.

I wouldn't bet anything on it, but I would not be surprised to see Phily lose their first playoff game this year. Too rusty from 3 weeks off.

Don't worry, if Brett had been a Bear his whole career, I would have had a non-sexual crush on the guy. Hell, it might have been sexual. haha :P

But, he's a packer and I hate the jerk.

Seeya in 20 years.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

In the words of Dinco D of A Tribe Called Quest in the song "Scenario"

"Bass in this place means peace see ya later" :lol:

Have fun watching your Broncos get blown out by the Colts again. :D

I am.

I hate the Colts, for personal reasons, but Peyton is fun to watch.

As far as Bailey being "The Best shut down Corner in football", guess that only matters when a team has one option. They better switch him to Wayne in the second half.

semperfi.gif

Archived