Penn State football concept

TBGKon

Looks a bit too early 80's cowboyish for me. I like your helmet template, though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

People also thought USC wouldn't change...

That being said, I like the unis. On the roads, did you try blue sleeves outlined in silver? I think that'd be pretty cool. Not much for the helmet logo. What if you went with the older, lion-in-oval logo?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I like the helmet. I definitely hope after Paterno retires they add that logo to their helmet.

In the 'home" jersey, if you are going to use the gray collar, you need to make the sleeve ends gray as well.

As far as whether the Penn State uniform will ever change. Well for those that say NEVER, let me remind them that Never is a Really, Really, Really Long Time :P

That being said, I think that if a completely new staff takes over, there is a fair chance the helmet/uniform will change within a year or so. If Paterno's Defensive Coordinator gets the job, as Joe Pa would have, I don't think there will be any change.

I don't think Penn State will add anything to its helmets. The plain helmet is as much a part of Penn State as the plain blue uniforms and the coach slowly progressing into senility.

I do think the uniforms will be modified in the future. No names on the back, but I think an addition of silver is a possibility, as well as modifying the number font a little bit.

Your concept still looks too much like the Cowboys. It's the off-colored sleeves and the number font. If you kept the silver yoke, but made the sleeves the same color as the body, and changed the font, it would definitely look updated without straying from tradition.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I see you edited it from the original one. Frankly, this is leaps and bounds better than the first, because of two reasons.

1-The addition of sleeve numbers. It really makes the uniform less plain, and therefore, makes it better.

2- Replacing the logos. The Lion head looks way better than the other logo with the Penn State banner.

Good job.

"There are some things that are too sacred, even for concepts."

And for maybe the second time in my life, I totally agree with JQK on this one.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Only when JoePa leaves (expires on the job the way it's going), could I ever picture the Nittany Lions modernizing their traditional look. Even then, it's bound to upset some people in Happy Valley. Then again, they're already angry over that 4-7 record.

I've liked that lions logo since they adopted it. I have always wanted to see it on the helmet but like people have stated...Penn State has one of those uniforms that (like Michigan, ND, Alabama, etc) may never be changed. Great look though as far as I'm concerned.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

The concept looks good. Sort of a Rams-Cowboys mixture. I don't know what the chances of a change are though, nor do I think they need one.

Except, there is one thing that has always bothered me. How about a thing navy stripe on their pants...Their helmet is white with a navy stripe. There jerseys are white with a navy stripe/navy with a white stripe...it just would make so much more since with that minor addition of a thin navy stripe on the pants. I don't think it would detract from their look at all either.

I guess it's similar to how I feel about the Colts. Just put the freaking second stripe on the helmet so it matches the jersey and pants...

Archived