Penn State football concept

TBGKon

"This would be one of those rare occasions that I agree with JQK."

Me and you and JQK agreeing on something.

Somethin's rotten in Danville!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I disagree with the notion that "classic" designs are not to be experimented with.

Really, isn't that the point of this place (besides polls about our favorite Tower of Power songs or trivia questions about the first hockey player to score a hat trick while wearing a hat) and design in general? To experiment? To be bold? To hold nothing sacred? To try new things, even with designs that we think work?

Maybe I'm just being a sanctimonious horse's ass again, but I don't think people should be discouraged from trying new things just because the design they experiment with is already perfect or legendary.

As for the design itself, I don't like the way the oval logo looks on a helmet, but I could see the lion design alone (without the oval around) working. Good work!

i am of the opinion that no team is sacred enough to be immune from a jersey, logo change. i don't care how traditional the team is.

as for this design its leaps and bounds over the boring ass uniforms the Pennys have now. im all for tradition but this is 2004 not 1942. the Pennys have had the same design longer than the expos were in montreal.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Generic no-frills uniforms may not be ugly, but they are far from perfect. My nephew wears the same uniform. It doesn't make it perfect or even a classic.

If a change was made, a few old farts would whine about it. But the majority would have the design grow on them and they would run out and buy the new threads.

People bitched about the Broncos at first because they're unis were "classic". Now, even in Packer country, I see Broncos jerseys all the time. People learn to love anything new, even if it is "outside the box" design-wise.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived