NHL/NHLPA to talk December 9th and 10th

Puckguy14

Well Bettman and Goodenow finally got off their beach chairs and will talk 12/9 and 12/10 to see if someway they can preserve the sport in North America.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=106699&hubName=nhl

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

My guess is the players will come with basically the same offer they had last time, which the owners rejected. Seeing how December 15 seems to be the date the season will be lost, looks like just a PR move on the NHLPA part. They'll be able to say we made an offer and they refused it, it's all the owners fault.

The lockout doesn't seem to really affect the players anyway. They get lockout pay($5-$10,000 a month), they get to play any where they want, or they get an extended vacation. While they may not be making the millions most are use to, they are still pulling down 6 figures a year, at least.

The owners obviously, as a whole, weren't making money. Why would any business man who was making money shut his business down? Whether it's 300 or 94 million that the owners were losing, they were losing. The players need to realize this and come with something that addresses that fact, and not just a onetime 5% rollback.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Wouldn't it be nice if Bill Gates was a hockey fan. Maybe there would be a way to start a fan class action lawsuit against the NHL & NHLPA, and force some sort of third party arbitration.

I say Gates, because of money. Otherwise the 30 owners and 700+ players union could spend enough money to tie it up in court.

semperfi.gif

I hope no agreement is reached. Wen eed a more extensive and destructive lockout.

The NHL must be razed in order for Hockey to begin anew and try to grow again in America.

Small league, even teams up in US and Canada, smaller salaries, lower ticket prices. This is what hockey needs. Not more of the status quo.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Whats the latest an agreement can be reached to start the season?

Man, I miss hockey.

No minor leagues or college hockey around here :mad:

Too far from Norfolk, I take it? That'd probably be your best bet considering where you are in the world... ^_^

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The NHL must be razed in order for Hockey to begin anew and try to grow again in America.

I believe, I may be wrong, most Canadians blame the state of hockey today on the attempted push for growth in America. Not just Canadians, but many American hardcore fans feel that way. To them no team in the south belongs, and very few in the West.

semperfi.gif

Archived