Hate them, love him...!

Swiss

I dont care for most of the Yankees of today. Jeter's ok, Matsui seems alright, and Torre is the ultimate gentleman. I do like the Yankees of old. It's hard to not like Mantle, Maris, Ruth, Gehrig.. et al.

I try to not like the Red Wings, but there are such a good group of guys that it makes it impossible to not like them. I cant tell you how many Wings have gone to the funerals of kids who died in Childrens hospital and such.

And for the record, as a Cowboys fan, Emmitt Smith does put on a good public face, but sometimes things are seldom as they appear. Just ask the people at the Texas Sports Hall of Fame.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

I hate the Titans but respect Steve McNair. That guy goes to war no matter how bad he is hurting. It's sad now seeing it how it has taken a toll on him physically.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

I like Mike Mussina. I've always been impressed by his pitching. He is a hard worker, and you hardly hear him say a word about anyone. He's not a media-avoider like Bonda, but I just never hear him say anything. He lets his pitching do the tlaking for him.

Funny, I see Mussina as a whiner.

The man blamed a bad pitching performance on a ceremony at the SkyDome honouring our PBP man suffering from a brain tumour... yet playing for the team with the longest 7th Inning Stretch in baseball history doesn't seem to affect him.

Lets not forget his immature display and act of selfishness at the 1993 All-Star Game.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Really? Wow. That's cold if he said that about the ceremony. I didn't hear about that one, guess I'll have to check it out. Like I said, I hardly hear him say anything, so this is surprising.

What did he do at the All-Star Game?Was he with the Orioles then?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I remember that. the game was at Candem Yards. Cito Gaston was the AL manager and he wouldnt bring Mussina in late in the game instead he brought in one of his own pitchers from the blue jays (he took about seven or eight jays to the ASG that year, my numbers could be wrong though). Mussina then gets up in the bullpen and starts to warm up on his own, much to the shegrin of Gaston but to the delight of the partisan Orioles crowd

Really? Wow. That's cold if he said that about the ceremony. I didn't hear about that one, guess I'll have to check it out. Like I said, I hardly hear him say anything, so this is surprising.

What did he do at the All-Star Game?Was he with the Orioles then?

Yes he was with the Orioles.

The Orioles asked Cito Gaston, manager of the American League All-Stars to try to not use Mussina because he had either just started a game, or was starting a game shortly.

So 8th inning comes around and Gaston sends Duane Ward to warm up in the bullpen, Ward would go on to lead the AL in saves in 1993, seemed like a logical choice close the game.

Mussina starts warming up in the bullpen next to Ward on his own, apparently because he wants to be ready for this next start. The hometown Orioles fans get excited seeing Mussina warming up, thinking he's coming into the game.

When Gaston goes out to the mound and brings in Ward, Mussina stands with his hands on his hips in the bullpen looking all pissed... crowd boos Gaston... Mussina slams his glove down in disgust and goes and sits back down.

If anyone has another version of this story, please share.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I remember that game. Everyone was angry with Gaston because chose his own team's player (Ward) instead of the hometown player (Mussina). I didn't know the circumstaces around that. If the O's didn't want Mussina in there, it doesn't sound like he was aware of it. Even so, there's no harm in letting Mussina pitch to one batter. It makes the hometown fans happy. It's the All-Star game, make the fans happy. I think there were other guys left in the bullpen. Mussina was also the Orioles' only representative in that game, and that's also why the fans wanted to see him in there.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well, I have no idea what I'm talking about, but since you asked for other versions, I'll give it a shot...

Mike Mussina was a CIA operative back then, working on an elaborate plan to infiltrate the cluster of undercover KGB agents on the All-Star Team, like Paul Molitor (real name: Pavel Molotov). Mussina, using his command of the Russian language and the knuckle-curve, infiltrated the KGB sleeper cell on the American League team, uncovering their sinister plan to assemble a World Series champion consisting entirely of KGB agents and kidnap the President during their celebratory visit to the White House.

But, little to the CIA's knowledge, Mussina was actually a double agent, paid $72.5M in Toys-R-Us Geoffrey Bucks by the Gay Communist Hollywood Teamster Democrat Mafia (most recently involved in sexualizing Oliver Stone's "Alexander") to take out his CIA operative counterpart on the National League squad, Darren Daulton, with a stray fastball to the head. Daulton was targeted for revenge by the group for thwarting the pro-Communist theme of the movie "Rookie of the Year".

The CIA got wind of this plot through their mole in the GCHTDM, Tom Cruise, and alerted Britain's MI-6. MI-6 Agent 0043 (Sir Cito Gaston) decided that eliminating Mussina would not be very popular with the Baltimore fans, so he would simply not bring him in.

By the time it got to the ninth inning, Mussina realized his chance to take out Daulton was passing, and that his efforts to bribe Duane Ward to do so were failing. So he got up and warmed next to Ward, throwing stray balls at Ward and applying adhesive to the pitching rubber in an attempt to injure him.

When Gaston called Ward in, Mussina's dissapointment was not hamming to the local fans...it was the realization that he had thrown his career with the CIA down the drain for a failed attempt at lots and lots of Toys-R-Us money.

Well, I have no idea what I'm talking about, but since you asked for other versions, I'll give it a shot...

Mike Mussina was a CIA operative back then, working on an elaborate plan to infiltrate the cluster of undercover KGB agents on the All-Star Team, like Paul Molitor (real name: Pavel Molotov). Mussina, using his command of the Russian language and the knuckle-curve, infiltrated the KGB sleeper cell on the American League team, uncovering their sinister plan to assemble a World Series champion consisting entirely of KGB agents and kidnap the President during their celebratory visit to the White House.

But, little to the CIA's knowledge, Mussina was actually a double agent, paid $72.5M in Toys-R-Us Geoffrey Bucks by the Gay Communist Hollywood Teamster Democrat Mafia (most recently involved in sexualizing Oliver Stone's "Alexander") to take out his CIA operative counterpart on the National League squad, Darren Daulton, with a stray fastball to the head. Daulton was targeted for revenge by the group for thwarting the pro-Communist theme of the movie "Rookie of the Year".

The CIA got wind of this plot through their mole in the GCHTDM, Tom Cruise, and alerted Britain's MI-6. MI-6 Agent 0043 (Sir Cito Gaston) decided that eliminating Mussina would not be very popular with the Baltimore fans, so he would simply not bring him in.

By the time it got to the ninth inning, Mussina realized his chance to take out Daulton was passing, and that his efforts to bribe Duane Ward to do so were failing. So he got up and warmed next to Ward, throwing stray balls at Ward and applying adhesive to the pitching rubber in an attempt to injure him.

When Gaston called Ward in, Mussina's dissapointment was not hamming to the local fans...it was the realization that he had thrown his career with the CIA down the drain for a failed attempt at lots and lots of Toys-R-Us money.

Peter Nguyen?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

You left out the part where Reggie Jackson attempted to kill the Queen of England.

Get your history straight, Mojombo.

Archived