Sports Font Database

jeh-see

I started this thread in the "Request" board, however, surprisingly, I have had no responses and few views. Now before I consider this a dumb idea and just forget the whole thing, I figured I would run it in here, perhaps more viewer traffic will generate more interest in the idea. Here is the thread: Sports Font Database (I'll put it together)

I'll be checking regularly to see if anyone is interested in the idea and/or has any submissions.

Thanks

~UJ

i definitely like the idea - what you should do is make true type fonts for all the teams in the major leagues, and then ones by request - i'd download them all!

Well that would be a terrific idea but I have no way of creating them nor the know-how to do so. Now, perhaps, if this database is a hit (and it definitely looks like it isnt going to be) I can work something out along the lines of creating league font packs, or take on a willing partner to do so. Let's start from square one first, though. The collection has to get started before it can be compiled into creating team downloads.

~UJ

just a suggestion, if it hasn't been covered yet.....

if you're going to make all the sports fonts, i'd say you should make the capital letters the letters from the word mark, the lowercase letters the letters from the nameplates, and the numbers should be the uniform numbers...

i've seen some of them that put every letter and number in the font from the wordmark... but i think the triple-threat idea would be more useful :)

if you're going to make all the sports fonts, i'd say you should make the capital letters the letters from the word mark, the lowercase letters the letters from the nameplates, and the numbers should be the uniform numbers...

Then you run into problems when the wordmark has both upper- and lower-case letters. It's not all that common, but the Braves do it for sure, and that's just off the top of my head.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Then you run into problems when the wordmark has both upper- and lower-case letters. It's not all that common, but the Braves do it for sure, and that's just off the top of my head.

you are absolutely correct.

didn't think of that.

And that's why I did MLB Tuscan as a seperate file. I had considered integrating it with the Red Sox font, but then I'd have had three sets of letters...

The fonts I've done are done in the way that Cole mentions, except that I have extrapolated the wordmarks into full alphabets.

So do the Phillies, the Mets, the Yankees, the Orioles, the Dodgers, the Brewers, the Padres, the Indians, the Royals, the Twins, the Cardinals...you get the gist

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived