NY Islanders concept

puckcool22

I think this would certainly seperate the isles from the other million navy blue teams in the league, and this has a new feel to it for their new project, the "lighthouse" which is a proposed modern development and renovated arena.

EDIT* i added another version at the bottom

C&C welcomed and encouraged

isles02.gif

signature.gif

Wow Puckcool, this is very nice. I like the addition of the dark blue the alternate, it adds another dimention to the design. Perhaps use that blue as an accent color on the home and away. Just a splash here or there, or use the blue to outline the stripes. Nothing that will make the uni navy dominated. That could spice things up a but its a good concept to start with.

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

i like the shoulder logo, the isles should consider bringing back the light house alternate and put it opposite of the 4 bars shoulder logo.

however im not liking the wash blue seems like it needs a darker blue to accent it. maybe using a darker blue with the wash blue as a trim might work. its agood start though, and definately a good concept.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

puck, I share your sentiment but you do need some more navy in there :D

the ornage and light blue sorta bleed into each other too much. putting some navy in there would do the home and away good ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Looks just a bit washed out to me. I think it needs some more navy accenting to make it pop a bit.

What he hath said.

Also, your shoulder logo is upside-down.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I definantly like your latest attempt. I'm a big fan of the current Islanders jerseys (while hating the Islanders themselves), but I would definantly like to see the addition of a silver, teal, or a light blue like you have. The only problem I have with it is the striping. It just seems, incomplete. Maybe finish it off with what you began with on the striping (navy, white, orange, white, navy for the first one)

the number font on the alt is different on the front of the jersey than it is on the shoulders. is that intentional? i lik the number font used on the front of the alt. i woudl like to see it used throughout.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Definitely better with the navy blue.

Honestly, all the Isles need to do to improve their current look is to throw that lighthouse patch on the shoulder opposite the four stripes signifying their Stanley Cups. Still a nice concept.

On a side note, the Islanders old fisherman scheme is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I still miss hockey. :cry:

As one of the few Islanders fans here. I must say I applaud your courage in making a concept that doesnt go with the ordinary. But I will say this. in the mid 1990s we fought like hell to get rid of the Islanders fishstick jersey, we got pretty p.oed with the sea green and silver do you think we'll not respond negativly to a washed blue color? just my opinion. I'm not knocking your idea, because who am I to judge, I'm basing my opinion on past jersey designs.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

I think on the alt, you should pick one patch or the other.

But good overall. It is unique. something the NHL really lacks right now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived