Cubs concept

Discrim

keepin it short, i was able to make meselfs a close approximation of the Cubs' old alt logo (the one used with the Cuba jerseys) and used it a lot in this set. as you may note, the Cuba script is also here :D this is intended to be sleeveless, and the stripes are on there cus similar stripes (just red) were there the first/only time the Cubs went sleeveless (mid 40s)

now shut up and eat your concept :P

oh yeah...first person to name the name oddity gets...to be the first person to notice :P

cubsset.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bullšŸ¤¬

ding ding ding...now, i shall explain why. if anyone caught the US women against Mexico the other night, for the second half, i believe, instead of the familiar HAMM 9 on Mia's back, she instead wore a GARCIAPARRA 9 jersey :D

hence my HAMM 5 jersey in this case :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

ding ding ding...now, i shall explain why.Ā  if anyone caught the US women against Mexico the other night, for the second half, i believe, instead of the familiar HAMM 9 on Mia's back, she instead wore a GARCIAPARRA 9 jersey :D

CAMT108120902_640x480.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019Ā 

facebook

ding ding ding...now, i shall explain why.Ā  if anyone caught the US women against Mexico the other night, for the second half, i believe, instead of the familiar HAMM 9 on Mia's back, she instead wore a GARCIAPARRA 9 jersey :D

CAMT108120902_640x480.jpg

:shocked: thats just WRONG... lovely, but wrong

Ā 

Ā 

You mean Mrs. Nomar Hamm right?

Itsn't amazing how a players jersey can change you're entire opinion of him?

I used to love the guy...now...hatred.

it's amazin all right...although a similar feeling i have for a guy i used to like happened while he was still with GB, due to his actions. plop, Mckenzie didn't wanna be here, we don't need his ass. only use for a Mike Mckenzie jersey up here nowadays is as firewood :cursing: basically, to me the #43 Saints jersey rivals the #12 Patriots jersey as the ugliest i've seen. that's mainly for personal reasons. wait, i hated Brady from the start, he doesn't count :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

going back to the concept itself. i like the concept. the blue jersey makes a better road since it has more color. i'd like to see a cubs red jersey concept. but i love the script on the silver/grey jersey though.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

I'm not sure that a button placket (I hope that's what it's called) that's a different color than the rest of the jersey works for any baseball concept.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

that part, i sorta decided to keep due to laziness. i have another Cubs concept I recently redid where it works better cus the placket has an actual purpose. i think i'll post that....now.

cubsconcept.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

For the first one, I'm not liking the sleeve stripes. And, the gray is overpowering on the alternate. Besides that, the logo's great and the uniforms are very clean. For the second cet, I like the look, but not the vertical wordmark. The logo is great though.

VmWIn6B.png

And why did Nomar have to ruin every guy soccer fans dream of being Mr. Mia Hamm. Well now I guess you could look at Heather Mitts (James I believe you know of this particular young lady in the Philly area)

Great creativity on the concepts. I like them, discrim...just for the sake of art.

what can i say, the jersey is my canvas and my hat is like a shark's fin :D

one red jersey coming up in a while

2016cubscreamsig.png

For the second set, I love the alt. If you put it next to the normal Cubs alt, you realize how plain, although clean, their real alt is. If teams were to start adopting a retro themed-jersey as their alternate, that would be a great choice. The road one totally reminds of the Montreal Expos, which, as far as I'm concerned, are much better here on a board than on the field.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Well, I mean, I like the Cubs alt - I'll take clean over super-busy anyday... but, IMO, I think the Mariners navy and Royals black(even though I would have preferred a lgiht blue alt for the Royals, cause like the Jays, the Royals incorporated black for no reason) look better than the Cube one, which really looks like a BP or replica jersey every time I see it.

Just my opinion though

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Well, I mean, I like the Cubs alt - I'll take clean over super-busy anyday... but, IMO, I think the Mariners navy and Royals black(even though I would have preferred a lgiht blue alt for the Royals, cause like the Jays, the Royals incorporated black for no reason) look better than the Cube one, which really looks like a BP or replica jersey every time I see it.

Just my opinion though

that's one thing that's bothered me since the current BP jerseys came into use: the fact that while the game uniforms all use royal blue, the BPS use navy. I guess it's gotta be that way though, cus the old BPs were done almost exactly like the alternates, right down to teh NL logo on the right sleeve. only differences were the logo background and the back letter font (block as opposed to the Cubs' custom font).

2016cubscreamsig.png

DiscrimihaterĀ  Posted on Sunday, December 12th, 2004 - 21:46:15

that's one thing that's bothered me since the current BP jerseys came into use: the fact that while the game uniforms all use royal blue, the BPS use navy. I guess it's gotta be that way though, cus the old BPs were done almost exactly like the alternates, right down to teh NL logo on the right sleeve. only differences were the logo background and the back letter font (block as opposed to the Cubs' custom font).

Yeah - the Cubs have never had red featured dominantly, so you can't ask for red BP's. I'd like to see them take the special edition BP's they just released and use them as their offical ones:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?prod...1531&cp=1452346

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Oh by the way, I feel the home and alternates for the Cubs are perfection, but the road uniform is lacking. I don't like the "Chicago" script. Anyone got an idea for a better script to use? The White Sox already have the cursive one.

ā™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneĀ ā™«

Archived