The 2005 Heisman Winner Is...

JamesCraven

Actually, the 2004 Heisman Trophy Winner is...

Matt Leinhart from Southern Cal.

Discuss.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Well, I can't say that I'm surprised Leinart won the award.

While Jason White was able to weather his less-than-spectacular effort in last year's Big XII Championship game to win the 2003 Heisman, I'm sure that based on his bowl performance last year some voters were less-than-inclined to hand him consecutive Heisman's... whether it was fair or not to carry over biases from last season.

As for White's fellow Sooner Adrian Peterson, while his numbers were impressive, it was going to take an astronomical season to convince the voters to hand the Heisman to a freshman.

As for Alex Smith and Reggie Bush, the former had to battle the perception that he put up his numbers against "inferior" competition, while the latter was overshadowed by his fellow USC Trojan.

"No, a froshman should never ever win the Heisman, Matt Leinart was the right choice."

Not to be picky or anything, but shouldn't that be "freshman", tank? I mean, you're a mod and all.

"No, a froshman should never ever win the Heisman, Matt Leinart was the right choice."

Not to be picky or anything, but shouldn't that be "freshman", tank? I mean, you're a mod and all.

LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT KARL MALOWNED!

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Leinart's overrated IMO, he's not even the best QB in his conference (that would be Aaron Rodgers from Cal. hell, i'd venture to say Andrew Walter from ASU's better). That, and South Central also benefitted from a conference that STILL doesn't know what defense is.

plop, i woulda liked to see White win it again. First, OU's not evil. second, he's a better QB than Leinart. eh well, he'll show em when the Sooners kick the crap outta south central. B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

"LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT KARL MALOWNED!"

Please cease from stealing my original material from other boards, if you please. Otherwise, I'll sue for gimmick infringement! :lol:

James, I'm going to try to ignore you as per Chris' wishes and I don't want to turn this into another Crap on James thread (well, I wouldn't mind it, but I understand the wishes of others to avoid such nastiness)...

But wasn't correcting people's spelling one of the things people like CC and SyPhi have been saying are provoking problems? Did we not agree to leave you be so long as you behaved yourself?

--

Back to the Heisman...

I don't see any problem whatsoever with a freshman winning and it's a shame to think his class might have had something to do with him not winning.

The Heisman Trophy has gone from going to the best Div. I football player to the best QB, RB or WR statistically on a BCS-bound team. If a freshman is the best player, then give it to the freshman.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm glad Matt Leinart won it, I think he deserved it, and I think it was fair that Adrian Peterson got second. Had I any say in who won the Heisman, I would've had it exactly like that. That said, I think Reggie Bush is the best player in the country.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived