Patriots "Dirty White" Alts

epper

I think this should be an away alt. and some other teams could do this for one game (with silver). The pats should have a red alt. with their current style for a home alt. The phote edit looks sweet.

KISSwall09.jpg

well if there is a "5 year rule" it must apply only to complete overhauls.

When the rams switched from Yellow to Gold around 2000, they had square block #s and gold stripes down the sides of the uni. They had that for a year or two, then took off the gold bar and changed the numbers to the current, more rounded font.

So yes, there IS hope that we can get rid of those hideous white side bars on the bengals jerseys.

IIRC in 2000, the Rams' jerseys had block font and the gold sides, although the replicas had the current font. the Rams changed the font the next season, and either 02 or 03 (Fanatic would know) they dropped the gold sides. it was sort of piece by piece. ^_^

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...
IIRC in 2000, the Rams' jerseys had block font and the gold sides, although the replicas had the current font. the Rams changed the font the next season, and either 02 or 03 (Fanatic would know) they dropped the gold sides. it was sort of piece by piece. ^_^

01' was the last year with th gold sides. Anyone have pics of the 00' jerseys with the block font?

They need to bring back the white pants they wore in 01'.

The Rams need to go back to the royal and yellow. Screw the Martz era jerseys. Of course, I could live with these jerseys if the Martz era would just hurry up and end.

Anyways, the reason the original blue and white pants never saw the field (at least in the regular season--white saw a couple of preseason IIRC) was because Martz hated them. And he had good reason too...the stripe was so thin that it didn't match up with the jersey stripe and looked terrible. I might have a pic of the white ones some where...I'll look.

I was under the impression also that 2002 was the last year of the side stripes also, but that's again something I could be wrong on...I'll do some quick research...FUPP should help me there. The block numerals lasted only one year. The design was supposed to have the stylized font all along (as evidenced by the debut of the jerseys and the fan jerseys), but for whatever reason the first year the on field jerseys were block font.

Well, FUPP has corrected me...the last time the Rams had the side stripes was 2001.

Also, here's a pic from one of the preseason games with white pants. It's not very good, but you can see the drastic difference in stripe thickness. Also you can see how short and seeminly pointless the tapered stripe is.

p623863dt.jpg

Archived