Absolutely horrible

Chazberg

the bigger question is whats with the deadskins obsessive compultion with wearing white jersey/ burgandy pants?

Blame Joe Gibbs, he started it in '81 when he took over. He was under Coryell with the Chargers, who had made them wear white at home. Apparently Gibbs likes the team to look boring and generic, and you will only see the dark jerseys once this year...apparently Gibbs hates the throwback uni too.

The current Redskins uniforms were introduced in 1979, if you can belive that. I think it was the first time the team had two pairs of pants, one for each jersey. They wore the burgundy at home until Gibbs arrived in 1981.

It used to be that ALL of the 'Skins trim and numbers, were screened. Now just the fat stripes on the kickers and QBs jerseys are.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now just the fat stripes on the kickers and QBs jerseys are.

i think that is a mistake, because the elastic trimmed jerseys dont even look the same as the screened sleeve ones. they should just screen the fat burgundy/gold stripes on the sleeves above the elastic trim, like the browns do with their fat stripes.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The then-Phoenix Cardinals got in trouble with the NFL back in the early '90s for wearing all-Cardinal Red socks (no White).

The league said that they needed the aforementioned "color break". They only did it for one game.

wow... whast with all the redskins bashing? chill the f out

can you guys be any more blatant eagles homers?

i personally like the normal socks better, but i like it that the team is showing unity and all goin out and wearin the socks... if they think teh socks help them play better, i'm all for them

Hey, this isn't the "Bash-The-Washington-Redskins-Because-There's-A-Whole-Lot-of-Philadelphia-Eagles-Homer-Fans" board, Mister Carter. This is the Chris Creamer Sports Logos Community Board.

We're merely expressing opinions of uniforms, and if we members of the board don't like the style of uniform that some team is wearing, or really hate a logo that needs to be sent out of its' misery, well that's fine. You're welcome to your opinion just as much as anyone else here.

Now I may be called "Captain Obvious" for saying that, but you have got to chill out, dude.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

wow... whast with all the redskins bashing? chill the f out

i personally like the normal socks better, but i like it that the team is showing unity and all goin out and wearin the socks... if they think teh socks help them play better, i'm all for them

I think you'll find far many more Eagles haters than you will find haters of any other team on this board.

I think you'll find far many more Eagles haters than you will find haters of any other team on this board.

Unfortunately, probably due to some of the posters as opposed to the actual team.

I don't think there is even a trace of homerism in this thread, but as for some of the others...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hey, this isn't the "Bash-The-Washington-Redskins-Because-There's-A-Whole-Lot-of-Philadelphia-Eagles-Homer-Fans" board, Mister Carter. This is the Chris Creamer Sports Logos Community Board.

We're merely expressing opinions of uniforms, and if we members of the board don't like the style of uniform that some team is wearing, or really hate a logo that needs to be sent out of its' misery, well that's fine. You're welcome to your opinion just as much as anyone else here.

Now I may be called "Captain Obvious" for saying that, but you have got to chill out, dude.

Hail to the Redskins, hail to 4 and 9! Hahahaha GO BIRDS laugh.gif

where is this guy 'merely expressing opinions' of the uniform?

Well the whiny little bitch got his wish, and the whole Redskins team is now wearing solid burgundy socks with the burgundy pants, which is just about the worst thing I've ever seen

well besides the extremely unnecessary 'whiny little bitch' comment, did he even know the story behind the socks, or is he just assuming that he asked gibbs for the whole team to wear the socks?

all i see are random little digs at the redskins... and although i may be 'protective' of my team, i said myself that i like the original socks better... i like the eagles, giants and cowboys unis actually... i think we have the classiest division in terms of uniforms

Hail to the Redskins, hail to 4 and 9! Hahahaha GO BIRDS laugh.gif

where is this guy 'merely expressing opinions' of the uniform?

Written after my post.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This... could possibly be the first time a Cowboys' fan has been called an Eagles homer. Congrats for being the first/only on the list. :P

Just to make you feel better, I don't like the 'Skins or Eagles. haha.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

well besides the extremely unnecessary 'whiny little bitch' comment, did he even know the story behind the socks, or is he just assuming that he asked gibbs for the whole team to wear the socks?

all i see are random little digs at the redskins... and although i may be 'protective' of my team, i said myself that i like the original socks better... i like the eagles, giants and cowboys unis actually... i think we have the classiest division in terms of uniforms

I myself am not a fan of any team in the NFC East, and I am not taking shots at the Redskins, just expressing my disdain for these solid socks. And maybe I don't have a high opinion of many athletes, who I find to be immature and spoiled. I do not know the "story" behind the socks, but I wonder if you do yourself, not having mentioned it. I merely assumed this was another Emmitt Smith-Cardinals "Hey I don't like this so I'm gonna change it because I'm bigger than the team" case.

Nice pics, Survival.

My opinion:

All socks look better with a white break halfway down. Just looks cleaner. Dark pants and same-color socks look unitard-ish to me and should be avoided. If no alternate color can be used, go with solid white with a stripe.

The Redskins white socks have cool stripes and look best with dark pants. The bengals orange socks work with their pants, but need a white break.

Just to pick on the Eagles a bit, their black socks with green pants look should be changed. Maybe a grey sock or a white sock with black and green striping or something.

I myself am not a fan of any team in the NFC East, and I am not taking shots at the Redskins, just expressing my disdain for these solid socks. And maybe I don't have a high opinion of many athletes, who I find to be immature and spoiled. I do not know the "story" behind the socks, but I wonder if you do yourself, not having mentioned it. I merely assumed this was another Emmitt Smith-Cardinals "Hey I don't like this so I'm gonna change it because I'm bigger than the team" case.

the story behind it all is that portis last week vs the giants asked gibbs if he could wear different socks because in his words, "If you're not looking sweet, you really can't play too sweet." so him and sean taylor both wore the red socks... i guess it was a Miami kind of thing. Portis and Taylor both got fined for it, but they both had good games, so as a sign of team unity the whole team went out and wore em vs the eagles. not sure if they are going to be wearing them again on saturday

Archived