Nationals Uniforms to be Unveiled

CC97

here is what i would like to see:

a stripe on the stirrups like the cards/red sox used to have

also, just a W on the home or away uniform - throwback to the days before the fancy graphics, which are actually pretty cool. that he's also the president doesn't matter because its already on the hat.

also i think it's lame to be starting out with a dark color road jersey. those things were better when they were taken off after BP. now, if they went with BABY blue road unis, that would be absolutely tremendous. they would look like the old skool twins, ironically.

if they INSIST upon having an alternate look, it should be vests on summertime sundays. i grew up in DC. it's amazing we have a team. it also used to be a swamp though and can get gross in july and august. if they want an alternate HAT because selling brand new things to thousands of people just isn't enough, they should go with a red hat with the blue W - i bought a nike senators throwback like that and it looks sweet.

that is all. thanks. this site rocks.

Actually I posted this on another thread but since you mention the script "W" my simple concept depicts that, although I modernized it by laying it over the Nationals "N".

Nats_Uni.png

LT

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I'm prepared...I put them in EA Sports' MVP Baseball 2004."

kc-nat04-final.jpg

Hey, KC. Majestic, not to nick pick on anyone BTW, now owns the exclusive rights to all MLB uniforms as of 2005. Just thought you'd like to know.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I thought it would have been nice for the Nationals' home unis to be white with golden pinstripes - it would have been a traditonal yet unique design...

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

That looks too good to be fake. So I think those are the unis guys. I assume striping on the pants and red socks for home with blue on the road. Once again, a sporting goods shop exposes it before hand. Great find guys!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Wouldn't it make more sense if the patches were switched so the "DC" went with the "Nationals" jersey and "Nationals" went with the "Washington" jersey?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

THE UNVEILING HAS BEEN CANCELLED...

LINK

Nationals Cancel Unveiling of Uniforms

Updated: Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2004 - 7:50 AM

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Washington Nationals have postponed a news conference for Wednesday to unveil their new uniforms.

A team spokesman tells The Associated Press they'll issue a statement later Wednesday about why the event is being delayed. Nationals pitcher Zach Day and outfielder Terrmel Sledge canceled a live interview with WTOP that had been scheduled for 9:30 a.m.

The cancellations could be a sign, however, the deal between the city and Major League Baseball is in jeopardy. The D.C. Council passed a stadium financing bill Tuesday night that requires half the construction cost be privately paid. The deal the mayor had made with baseball requires the stadium be financed entirely with public dollars.

THE UNVEILING HAS BEEN CANCELLED...

LINK

Nationals Cancel Unveiling of Uniforms

Updated: Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2004 - 7:50 AM

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Washington Nationals have postponed a news conference for Wednesday to unveil their new uniforms.

A team spokesman tells The Associated Press they'll issue a statement later Wednesday about why the event is being delayed. Nationals pitcher Zach Day and outfielder Terrmel Sledge canceled a live interview with WTOP that had been scheduled for 9:30 a.m.

The cancellations could be a sign, however, the deal between the city and Major League Baseball is in jeopardy. The D.C. Council passed a stadium financing bill Tuesday night that requires half the construction cost be privately paid. The deal the mayor had made with baseball requires the stadium be financed entirely with public dollars.

Better go place those orders now at the MLB web site store! Gonna be collector items!!

:rolleyes:

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

The patch on the homes looks like an innagural season patch and not the logo. Below the baseball there is a banner that isn't on the main logo. So perhaps in year 2 (Unless they become the Las Vegas DessertCatzz) that would become the DC logo.

Archived